Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#205482 - 07/04/05 12:22 AM Need someone good with electronics
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
I know there are a few of you guys who are good with car electronics. Basically, I'm trying to play a joke on my buddy. I want to hook his horn into the high beams so everytime he puts on his high beams, the horn blares. It's a '99 Ford Ranger.

Let me know if you need schematics or anything like that. The best guess I have it to somehow wire the horn into the high beam light that comes on in the dash. Let me know how possible this is.
#205483 - 07/04/05 09:38 AM Re: Need someone good with electronics
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
hahahahahhhh

instead of playing around in the dash, it might be easier to locate A) the positive wire going to one of the high beams and B) positive wire going ot the horn
and connect the two . you might possibly blow a headlight fuse, unless you disconnected the hi-beam's wires from them...dunno how much power the horn actually uses.

OR you could get one of those 140-db aftermarket horns and wire that straight to one of the hi-beams. devilgrin
#205484 - 07/04/05 10:40 AM Re: Need someone good with electronics
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
A good one too is wire it to the brake pedal.
#205485 - 07/04/05 05:15 PM Re: Need someone good with electronics
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
have fun i hope it isn't my ranger since it is also a 1999. confused confused

#205486 - 07/04/05 05:19 PM Re: Need someone good with electronics
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Ey Bryant, take care of the revenge, he would connect your bike's horn to your front brake...hahahaha, that would be funny lol

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------
#205487 - 07/04/05 05:37 PM Re: Need someone good with electronics
jeremy Offline
i was just thinking about it you dont want to do it to his breaks because i know when ever i get into my truck the first thing i do is put my foot on the break and pop the parking break since mine is a standard and if his is a automatic then he has to use the break to get out of park. i guessing you wanted to use the high beam so that he wouldn't know about it for a while. so if it was me i would connect it to the cruse control button so that when he goes to set his cruse contol it honks and scares the ever living crap out of him along with annoy any other cars around him on the highway and if you can find a way to get it to stay on while the cruse contol is engaged. devilgrin devilgrin

#205488 - 07/04/05 11:38 PM Re: Need someone good with electronics
BryantGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
A good one too is wire it to the brake pedal.
We thought about the brake pedal, but we figured that it would be best if we could get this accomplished and have a few days go by without my buddy noticing. Then he'll have no clue what happened, who did it, or if it is just a factory problem.

Thanks for the help. I'll see what I can get done.
#205489 - 07/04/05 11:40 PM Re: Need someone good with electronics
BryantGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:
so if it was me i would connect it to the cruse control button so that when he goes to set his cruse contol it honks and scares the ever living crap out of him along with annoy any other cars around him on the highway and if you can find a way to get it to stay on while the cruse contol is engaged. devilgrin devilgrin
Jeremy, that's great. He doesn't have CC because it's a 5spd, but if this goes well that a good idea for someone else.
#205490 - 07/05/05 12:14 AM Re: Need someone good with electronics
jeremy Offline
well i have a friend that has a standard ranger wiht cc i know mine doesn't because the only option it has is a CD player.