Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#205554 - 03/07/05 09:05 PM Please Read
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
OK...It's been a while since I have been on here....Most of you seen me on here before...I see some newbies now, you all most likely don't know me. Here is the deal.......I am in a bind right now......

As most of you know, my son has Cancer. Well, he is in remission right now, and doing fine. We've been in and out of the Hospital for testing quite a bit. Well, we have to go to New York for some special type of testing. They only do this testing in New York at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer center. Not sure if any of you heard of that place. Well he has to go in for testing to see if he qualifies for more treatment. The treatment is a preventative measure to help fight off secondary cancers. Since he has had some strong Chemotherapy, he has a 80% chance of developing a cancer down the road, and this treatment kills all new formed cells.

This Isn't covered by his insurance, the travel, lodging, meal money, and so on and so forth. So we have to go from Texas to New York for this on our own. And if he is qualified, we will have to go to New York a few times a year for treatment.

Most of you have seen my sons website, and I know I haven't updated it in a long time. I have been working 60 hour weeks and trying out different odd jobs on my one day off to get some money saved up.......

This is where I need help...We are desperate for help with travel funds. Tickets are expensive for us to go up there. Almost a grand for my wife, me, and son. Our other kiddos will have to stay behind.
If anyone could help, please email me. I figured that I would post here just to see if some of you can help out. I mean, the most anyone could do is say no. I also believe this can be tax deductable. Email if you can send even a dollar!!!!!!!!

""""""Moderators.......I know this doesn't belong here, but we need help for our son""""""""

Thanks everyone...... thumbsup
#205555 - 03/07/05 10:25 PM Re: Please Read
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
Jose,
(and everyone else)

I set up a PayPAl Account....here is the address.
kobeworth@yahoo.com (not sure how to link it)

I am new to pay pal, and had a question.....I opened up the premier account, and added my CC and bank account. I can't be "verified" until up to 2 days so I can check how much PP deposited in my account. Can I still recieve funds without being verified????
#205556 - 03/07/05 10:37 PM Re: Please Read
greens10 Offline
Loc: Milwaukee WI
In scottsdale az. at asu there is a fund set up for needy familys, try them because they might be able to help. Or there is community and neighborhood fund rasing options. At least there are up here.
#205557 - 03/08/05 06:44 AM Re: Please Read
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I'll talk with the wife and see what we can do. And I'm gonna move the thread to everything else.