Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#205609 - 06/03/07 09:57 PM Oldsmobile 88
20gtp02 Offline
Well the reason I got my GTP 3 years ago was the fact I road in my cousins 96' Olds 88 I think LSS. That year, in many cars, it came pretty luxurious for some reason. But the supercharger is what caught my eye. I am thinking, down the road a little, to get me one. However, not sure which 88 came with the s/c, I think its the LSS. But I want the HD tranny in it if possible. If anything, hoping to have the money, I would do a ground up build on one. Anyone know any info on these cars, I believe has the same 3.8L in it. My cousin at the time was running a 3.25 and an intake. He blew three trannies, all under warranty in his Olds, he didn't know what I know now about KR and modding, but he tore up GTs and gave alot other faster cars run for their money. I just don't really talk to him (been a year or so) and wanted to know some info.

I think their fairly rare too.
And what about tuning it??

Yes, big SLEEPER car!

Example, I think the LSS usually have those rims:

Edit: Guess not all LSS have the s/c seeing my search pictures showing engine bay.
And how can I find info on cars, like using VIN to see what tranny it has, if it is superchareged, or other cool goodies?

Went to onine Autozone. For LSS 97-99 I found that a replacement tranny was the 4T65E. I have a feeling no HD trannies in the LSS, prove me wrong and that would make my day!!

#205610 - 06/03/07 11:40 PM Re: Oldsmobile 88
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
A 3.25" pulley and an intake?!?!?!?

Can you say chipped pistons?

'97 SE with alot of mods
#205611 - 06/03/07 11:53 PM Re: Oldsmobile 88
20gtp02 Offline
Yah, he messed things up. That was like 4 years ago. I then bought my GTP and then found GrandPrix.net. I never got ahold of him to tell him about what he should do. When I first started to mod, he was going to send me what I thought was the 3.4 off it, but later on found out it was the 3.25, but he busted it trying to get it off. Thank gosh I didn't put that thing on my car when I was a newb.