Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#205860 - 01/31/09 01:04 PM Re: I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit......
jaybur Offline
Loc: Ashland Oregon
I am really bashing the PT Cruiser woody edition, Although I can't stand the looks of the regular PT cruisers either, Its nothing against Tbat, and he knows that.

Obviously there are tons of people that DO like them, they are everywhere! Its just not my style of car. And as crazy as it seems, people do like the woody versions too, about 30% of the PT's I see have the woody kit.

1994 Honda civic CX hatchback (BIG MPG) STAYING STOCK
*******1999 GT SOLD*****
#205861 - 01/31/09 11:19 PM Re: I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit......
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
lots of folks purchased the woody kits aftermatket and installed them besides the dealer installs. I've seen one or two that I thought didnt look too bad but I couldnt help but wonder what they would look like in a year or two after the fading and plastic warping starts taking hold. I've seen some older LeBaron woody wagons that have not aged well at all.
Oddly enough, my wife actually owned one while she was still in New York.(LeBaron Town & Country wagon) It was defintely one of her $1k-under beaters but I couldnt help but laugh when I would drive it around. It had the 2.5 turbo engine and while it looked like a bent 80 year old man, it ran like it had the heart of sprinter...way more power than that chassis had any business handling. Yet it was hilarious to hassle the local kids with their fart can rides when they got blown off by a woody wagon (might have lost a trim piece or two along the way)...the car actually became kind of like "Ole Yeller" it was a mutt and it was ugly...and we came close to shooting it before we sold it but it was a loyal ragamuffin (still ran its azz off but the rest was falling apart)

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#205862 - 01/31/09 11:42 PM Re: I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit......
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Not to make anyone blow chunks, but here is a photochop from early Paintshop days. When I still owned my Intrepid, the message board would have photochop contests every month (since one of the moderators actually taught graphics in college at San Diego)
They would give us a pic to work with and everyone who participated had to turn in something different. So one month he gave us pic of a Chrysler Concorde and dug back into little retro theme and came up with this...

(just seemed to fit the subject) lol

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#205863 - 02/01/09 06:54 PM Re: I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit......
jaybur Offline
Loc: Ashland Oregon
Tbat rollin in a lebaron woody wagon. PICS or I call BS. lol

I am still waiting for Tbat to just out of nowhere throw pics up of his Grand Prix Woody coupe.

1994 Honda civic CX hatchback (BIG MPG) STAYING STOCK
*******1999 GT SOLD*****
#205864 - 02/02/09 12:02 AM Re: I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit......
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Guess I'm in the minority...I kind of like the PT woody wagons.... I don't see many around here.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2