Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#206055 - 04/19/07 03:52 PM hahaha
1997grandprixgtpsaginawmi Offline
Loc: Saginaw MI
I kinda had to post this, so im gettin off the ramp on I75 and i notice this guy in this Monte Carlo SS you know one of them 2004 that look like big well dicks kinda. He is just riding the guy in front of him. The guy slammed his breaks on and he was about 2 inches from hittin him, meanwhile he kept going left and right as if he was bullying the car around in front of him. I just backed off not even gettin involved with the moron. ANYhow then he turns onto the next road damn near colliding with a semi. MY ANSWER rich little punk whos driving a RACE CAR!! lol ahha. sorry for the bad words but really it was great seeing some kid in a wanta be GRAND PRIX lol.
#206056 - 04/19/07 04:35 PM Re: hahaha
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Uh, he's driving a GP... just as your driving a Monte. Both are W-bodies. If it's an '04 SS, it probably has an L67 as well.
#206057 - 04/19/07 04:49 PM Re: hahaha
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
wanna be grand prix? how do you figure?
#206058 - 04/19/07 05:17 PM Re: hahaha
SlickGTP Offline
Loc: Houston, TX
'04 Monte and Impala SS's are the same exact chassis and drivetrain as the '03 and prior GP GTP's...

With that in mind they are basically the same car with different shells and interiors.

As far as wanna be Grand Prix... I think more of a wanna be Grand Prix Racer. i.e. the actual race and not the car that was named after it...

Kinda sorta, yeah, no?

'02 Black GTP - RIP 03/03/08 ||| '06 Black G35 MT6 - Stock ||| '73 Chevy half ton(resurrected)
#206059 - 04/19/07 08:54 PM Re: hahaha
Kev-GTP Offline
Loc: Dallas, Tx
um...the montes are much uglier IMO
#206060 - 04/19/07 08:54 PM Re: hahaha
Kev-GTP Offline
Loc: Dallas, Tx
um...the montes are much uglier IMO
#206061 - 04/19/07 11:08 PM Re: hahaha
thats all you gotta say, and dont know if it was an 04 or not, just the guy driving his dick rider like an ass cracked me right up, hes the type of guy that I try to stay right away from when im on the road, 2 words, car accidents
#206062 - 04/20/07 12:08 AM Re: hahaha
RooK Offline
Easy way to tell if it's an '04: Did it have Impala headlights?
#206063 - 04/20/07 12:13 AM Re: hahaha
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I see this kind of lunacy on I95 every day. People act like they can tailgate close enough to push the guy in front out of the way. Part is caused by left lane squatters that wont observe "slower traffic stay to the right" but mostly is caused by loons that dont think that 15mph over the limit is fast enough. I95 between Petersburg and Richmond has a posted speed limit of 60 mph. I have been out there with my cruise on 72mph in the center lane and get passed like I'm backing up. I dont mean once in awhile, we're talking constantly. Not just ricers and BMW flyers but pickups towing campers,women yaking on phones in minivans and other goofballs just to name a few. None of these people has an ounce of room to gripe about car insurance or the price of gas. The way they drive obviously has nothing to do with economy or safety.
Multiple lane changes, not slowing down for foul weather conditions and multi-tasking while speeding your butt off has cost many people injuries and lives.

I personally think it should be as hard to get a driver's license as it is to get pilot's license.
Different classes of license for different vehicles and training to match. Other countries are prime examples that tougher driver training saves lives. My Father was a professional driver and I got 8 months of more intense training from him than any of the cake-walk stuff I got in school or DMV. I thought it was overkill at the time but God rest his soul, I have thanked him hundreds of times since.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#206064 - 04/20/07 12:21 AM Re: hahaha
a couple of words about what you said, CLASSIC NO really you bascially summed up saginaw michigan dude. lol yep makes ya wonder how those guys are even on the road, specially the young punks who drive by young guys like me and are like yA DONT STAND IN MY OR ILL CRUSH YOU, lol
#206065 - 04/20/07 01:01 AM Re: hahaha
RooK Offline
I commute 120 miles a day on Tuesday and Thursday going to college. I see my share of idiots on I75 down here. Just today, I can pick out quite a few.

For instance, getting on the interstate and being at the speed limit by the time your off the on ramp is a pet peeve. If someone is slow and the lanes are clear, I'll give the turn signal, jump an extra lane over and accelerate. Did that today only to have someone turn their turn signal on and try to cut me off. It was either merge left or hit the brakes, they literally started merging on top of me and saw me to boot.

Next was some van in the far left lane of the three lanes on the road. He was going about 70mph (65mph speed limit) and blocking traffic... with a trucker riding the middle and no one in the right lane. I always cruise at 75mph, so I was gaining. Saw a 'stang hit the far right lane and begin to pass, I just followed him. We make it through fine with the van still blocking traffic... he doesn't switch lanes until a police car begins riding his ass.

Then we come to another idiot who rides the left lane after I75 becomes a 2 lane road. He goes 75 when on flat lane, hit a hill and he slows down worse than the truckers. End result? You never make any progress and you keep getting slowed down. I mean, he would slow down to 60mph sometimes and the right lane would be faster, only the have him speed up after the hill (and there are lots of hills here). He had a nice conga line of about 10 people, including me, behind him for around 15 miles.

These were just the things I noticed within one 60 mile/45 minute drive on the way home today. BTW, buckeyes are the worse left lane riders I have ever seen, you Michigan guys aren't much better, sorry.
#206066 - 04/20/07 01:28 AM Re: hahaha
ahaha, that sums htis thread up ahha, nothin will ever beat the peoples in the left lane i know the feeling as well, as junky as my gtp it still has balls and I usually go about 77 on the highway and i get them guys that like to go 60 as well in hte fast lane as i call it, hell ive even had guys be in front of me, I pass them and they either do one of 2 things, they speed up and get right on me as if they are upset that I passed them or they pass me and get right back to doin their 65 haha, yeah your cool, the best one of all is the one you list as gettin on the highway, man i dont evne waste no time, I punch it and just get onto an available lane, it drives me nuts seeing people merging at 45, even if there are people in the lanes speed up ahead of them and get into traffic, dont merge going 50 ya know haha, this was a good thread, any other people got moron stories.
#206067 - 04/20/07 10:20 AM Re: hahaha
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
I'm glad I don't ever really have to deal with this crap.

The last thing I can remember is from awhile ago .. At least six months. I was going to San Antonio with my friend on I35 and we hit some backedup traffic. The Mazdasuck6 behind me decided he would use the shoulder to pass me.

At least it gave me an opportunity to see where I stood against such a car with only an intake. :rolleyes: He almost wasn't able to do it, and I pestered the crap out of him for the next couple of miles before he started being too much of an asshat.
#206068 - 04/20/07 10:39 AM Re: hahaha
I was waiting for the shoulder stories, so im coming home the upper peninsula and its about 100 degrees last summer, and my windows broken,well everyone should have been as smart as this guy, hes got a huge pusher truck F350 guess newer one too, he decides ahh what hte hell use the shoulder to get passed everyone for 10 miles someone had died in an accident i guess road blocked many miles, i see him making a cloud of dust when suddenly another pusher is chasing him down, nope not a cop just a really pissed off person giving him the finger as he is chasing him down the shoulder. LAst time I saw them they were weaving in and out of traffic goin about 90 miles an hour, I really wish i could have video taped it. hah
#206069 - 04/21/07 12:02 AM Re: hahaha
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I have one other moster pet peeve that I see not just on the highway but locally as well. What the heck is up with this reclining the driver seat back so far that your head is beside the door post? You know darn well they cant see where they are going because everytime they change lanes or make a turn they have to yank themselves up by the steering wheel so they can see. No amount of extreme seat reclining will ever make their (enter make)homie rider a low slung sports car. I was actually behind some dunce-brain yesterday driving a 2nd gen Chrysler Concorde. He was laid back so far i could actually see his knuckles on the wheel over top of his twisted baseball cap...add to this tinted dark windows and shades on to boot. Why not just try driving blindfolded? I would just love to see one of these hollow skull idiots runover a fire hydrant because they were too busy low profilin' to see what the heck they were doing.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >