Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#207304 - 02/14/08 03:06 PM Ricer intelligence
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
One of the guys I work with drives a Toyota Celica with a fart can exhaust and a K&N filter (not intake, filter). He told me a while back it can do over 130, and when he bores the engine, it will do over 200.

Whatever. Anyway, the other day, he said the trunk was in the front. I told him I didn't know that, and he said "yea, the engine's in the back, it's RWD."

So THAT'S why our cars are FWD, the engines in the front!

withstupid
#207305 - 02/14/08 03:15 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I will never understand the mind set of Ricers.......... and if there is one thing that buggs me the most is the normal "50hp mufler upgrade" AKA fart can
#207306 - 02/14/08 03:16 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
theone2043 Offline
Loc: Pocono, PA
hmmm how long did it take for him to figure out the engine was in the back?

in response to the above message.... i thought folgers was in your cup i never seen a comercial claiming it could be used as an exhaust to gain 50hp?
#207307 - 02/14/08 03:23 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by theone2043:
hmmm how long did it take for him to figure out the engine was in the back?

in response to the above message.... i thought folgers was in your cup i never seen a comercial claiming it could be used as an exhaust to gain 50hp?
LOL, I love that "my mufler adds like 20hp or something" My responce to that ignorant statement is a pat on the head and saying "its ok, they have profesional help for you"
#207308 - 02/14/08 05:19 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
soulonfire11 Offline
Loc: Chicago
lol ricers. atleast they provide entertainment for people that know better
#207309 - 02/14/08 06:46 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
like there is a kid in my class that swears on his honda ... and he knocks down my gp every day ... and he gutted the car so it was "faster" so there is no ac no cruse or anything its just a car .... so he cuts down my gp ... i told him i will run my gp up his honda any day out there ... then the famous words " just wait until i get my turbo"
#207310 - 02/14/08 08:59 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
72chevman Offline
Loc: Where Dorthy,Toto & Wicked Wit...
I work with a Honda guy too. He brags every week how fast his turbo Honda is. OK, it does run high 12s, but since he has worked here (18 months) I know he has gone thru 2 motors, 2 trans, 1 BOV, 1 turbo, front axles and more. For every day it is at work, it is broke for 5, must be nice living at home with mommy and daddy so you have no bills to pay for the crap you blow up. Everytime he wants to race, I say OK, but to Kansas City and back (400 miles). His car never leaves town cause it won't make it. Gotta love teenage ricers!
03 GT, STB, GM HD sway bars, 35% tint, GE893(37watt)fogs, Flowtech Terminators, 180 T-stat, ZZP DP & PCM, Ceramic PLOG & Crossover, 18" glasspack, 2007 17" Mustang Bullits 235/55/17 Pirelli PZero Nero, 12" R1 D\S rotors, gutted air box, GTP radiator
#207311 - 02/14/08 11:45 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
Ricers and what even bugs me more is Boyz in the Hood example : there's a player cruisin around Gonzales with what once was a nice 96 Impala SS he now has those goofy looking porthole things on the front fender ,rollin on 20's ,large chrome type lettering along the side with IMPALA SS and to top it off dual E-Bay cheapy muffs sticking out about 4" out the back ,I would like to take the car away from him and beat him with a stick .Chico(pops)
#207312 - 02/15/08 12:09 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
Acefighter Offline
Or better yet, beat him with his muffs...lol
#207313 - 02/15/08 02:36 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
I'll never understand the ricer mindset either...the other day I heard the unmistakable "angry bumblebee" sound from inside my house, as this ricer was revving his engine. I looked outside and sure enough, there's this car, sportin' a blotchy House of Krylon ultra-flat black paint job(night camo), blacked-out windows, with exhaust tips large enough to hide small children in.. eek
He would drive down one side of the street, do a u-turn, and drive back, then another u-turn, etc. This went on for 15-20 minutes. I figured he was a. trying to diagnose a problem (doubtful), b. marking his territory, or c. his car was afraid to drive around the block. crazy
At any rate I found myself praying that his timing belt/chain would let go... devilsmile
#207314 - 02/15/08 03:01 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
Acefighter Offline
You should have gone outside and started following him around in circles, and watch him unsuccessfully try to get away. lol
#207315 - 02/15/08 03:43 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
ifitwasnt4u Offline
I would have just called the police.... The fart can sound puts me in a murderous rampage!!!
#207316 - 02/15/08 03:44 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
I thought about racing him with my John Deere lawn mower, but it would've been unfair...for him! hammer
#207317 - 02/16/08 02:39 AM Re: Ricer intelligence
Acefighter Offline
I had one guy at work (not a ricer, just a moron with no car) who told me once that he thought my car was RWD because of the way it put him back in his seat when I gave it gas.

No, that's just inertia, idiot. Newton's laws ring any bells?
#207318 - 02/25/08 01:45 AM Re: Ricer intelligence
1997GrandPrixGT Offline
Loc: South Kentucky
haha, i have this kid in my class at school that drives a 2002 ford focus with sparco seats and a big A** muffler and he said hes rnning 11's i laghed and agreed, he asked what mine ran i said i dont know never ran it, he said prolly run like 10's i laughed so hard, and replied yeah if i had 20 grand in the motor and another 4 for a transmisson and he said well lets race this afternoon the the parkway, so we left school and went, i told him, ill give you a 5 second head start, we raced to the bridge that was about 1 mile away, needless to say, i beat him by around 20 cars, haha. he continued to rev his dumb A** bumble bee car and said well man my car was spinning in 4th. i laughed and drove off. if i could i would smack all the dumb kids that think there car is fast by just a muffler and some body kits and seats. its redicouls. overall, i hope all ricers motors blow up. haha.
#207319 - 02/25/08 04:04 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
Acefighter Offline
lol Thanks, I needed a laugh...
#207320 - 08/02/08 02:44 AM Re: Ricer intelligence
Acefighter Offline
Got a good laugh on my way home from work tonight. I pulled up next to a Honda at a traffic light, and saw he had an old really used-looking aftermarket exhaust (tip?) and a bunch of VTEC and other ricer stickers on the side. I thought, man, with that old looking exhaust and all those stickers, he must be FAST!!!

Anyway, I was trying to decide whether or not to race him off the light, when I heard a funny noise coming from his car. My music hit a quiet spot, and I realized it was him trying (unsuccessfully) to start his car. The light went green a second later, and I boosted it away (just for the heck of it) laughing at how sorry his car truly was. lol
#207321 - 08/02/08 02:50 AM Re: Ricer intelligence
StreetShaker Offline
Loc: Tyrone, Central PA
Hahaha!!!!!!

Thats funny.

"Mr. Mom"
#207322 - 08/02/08 05:05 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
Dthreap Offline
Loc: Canal Fulton, OH
Whats even funnier is that celicas engines are in the front...

#207323 - 08/02/08 08:50 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
72chevman Offline
I was at autozone this morning buying more oil for my neighbor's BMW 325xi that takes 8 qts of Mobil 1, I only had 6 on hand. It has 15,000 mile factory oil change interval. Anyway, there was a gorgeous silver 350Z parked out front. It had a carbon fiber hood, really nice looking wheels and tires and a upper and lower billet style grill. What caught my attention was the emblems on the back. It said Skyline 350 GT-R. As usual the R was the wrong size, so he put that on. The best part was inside. He was buying Autozone brand oil and a fram filter for it, I know this because he had the oil at the counter, but was asking for the filter, cause he couldn't find his car in the book.

Who would add a $2 "R" decal to a 30K sports car, and use AZ oil & a fram filter?
03 GT, STB, GM HD sway bars, 35% tint, GE893(37watt)fogs, Flowtech Terminators, 180 T-stat, ZZP DP & PCM, Ceramic PLOG & Crossover, 18" glasspack, 2007 17" Mustang Bullits 235/55/17 Pirelli PZero Nero, 12" R1 D\S rotors, gutted air box, GTP radiator
#207324 - 08/02/08 09:19 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
98greenGT Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Had a riced out Cavalier next to me at a few lights today. Ugly body kit with the dual exhaust cutouts but only one exhaust tip, the works. Kept pulling right next to me at each light and taking off fairly fast but I had a friend of mine in the car and didn't wanna race this idiot with her in the car.

Best part was when I got in front of him and looked in the mirror not only did his body kit look terrible but it had been painted with a rattle can and you could see the spots that he missed and didn't put enough paint on. It would have looked better if he just left them unpainted like the rest of the ricers in my area do.

Oh yea, he also had turbo stickers on his back bumper but it definitely wasn't turbo'd. I'm sure he just put those on so he's ready when he gets his turbo. wink

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
WizAired CAI, Impala 12" Brake Upgrade, ZZP Alternator Rewire and Voltage Booster, Rotated Dogbone Mounts, Kicker KS690 6x9s, JBL GTO427 4s, JBL P652S 6.5s
2001 Ford F150 XLT SuperCab
Stock, LineX, 212K
#207325 - 08/03/08 01:29 AM Re: Ricer intelligence
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
Couple weeks ago, drivin ont he highway doin 5 over, some kid in a stock Neon was doin like 12-15 over, passing everybody.

Caught him at a light and I gave it just enough to stay in front of him. When I hit 5 over, he kept up til 15 over again.

Managed to catch him at another light.

This time, I launched it hard and broke traction a bit and flew past him.

Stopped at 65 and slowed back down to 60.

Never passed me again.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#207326 - 08/03/08 03:37 AM Re: Ricer intelligence
Acefighter Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by 98greenGT:
Had a riced out Cavalier next to me at a few lights today.
I've seen a few of those. I swear I saw a Cavalier with drag radials once... banghead

I had fun with an RX-8 the other day. Second time I'd gone with one. The first time was months back, I was behind one on a two lane road, and we turned onto a four lane highway. Apparently he knew I wanted to race, and as soon as he turned he lit off. Since he was in front of me, he had the advantage, but with my car in second, I matched him all the way up to 80. At that point, I slowly started to pull closer to him, until I hit the rev limiter at 97 cuz I forgot to shift. banghead banghead banghead I thought I broke something for a second. lol I let off at that point.

The other day, I was two cars behind someone driving 30 in a 45, and there was an RX-8 in between me and him. Same two lane road, actually. Anyway, I was tempted to pass both of them at once, but decided against it. When there was a gap in traffic, the RX-8 went to pass the other car. I followed, not really trying to race, just get up to the speed limit. Apparently, the RX-8 took it personally, and floored it. I saw him pulling away, and floored it myself. By the time I hit 60, I was matching him, and when I let off at 80 I was gaining on him fairly quickly.

I've always thought RX-8s were fast cars, but I'm beginning to doubt that. That makes twice that I started accelerating a couple seconds after the RX-8, and caught him in the top end anyway (which is our cars weak spot).

*EDIT* Don't know what I was thinking...just looked up the hp/torque for the RX-8, and the torque just sucks...although 232 hp for a 1.3L engine isn't half bad. lol
#207327 - 08/03/08 08:03 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
dragonwinggp Offline
Loc: englewood tn
yeah the ricers that rev their engines at the lights really get on my nerves. used to happen alot when i drove my 97 plymouth breeze though im quite sure it had to do with the fact i had a full modified drift kit and diagonal frenched plate in the trunk, and a full motion fast bag air ride setup on it.and pimping the red oxide primer for quite a while since every time i thought i was finally ready for paint i decided to do another body mod. but really nothing motor wise since i wasnt doing it to race i was doing it for a style i wanted, had a crappy cherry bomb muffler with a slant cut tip on it and an intake. oh and btw it was a 2.0L automatic so you know and i know it was slow as hell.
had a funny situatio out 1 day though was sitting at a stoplight with my wife and our 2 kids in the car and some kid in a riced out honda pulls up beside me and starts revving his motor. i just look at him and laugh and flip the all down switch on my switchbox and start bounceing the front a little bit then right as the light turns green hit the switches to bring it back to regular comfortable ride height and slowly leave off the light he took off but not fast enough to excede the speed limit.
funny part of it was when i pulled into the gas station about a 1/2 mile up the road to get gas a cop pulled in shortly behind me and pulled up beside me as i was gassing up and come to find out he was hiding out at that intersection and was sure he was gonna see a race when the other car pulled up beside me, he told me he actually got a laugh when he seen me hitting the switches since the honda was a known car for doing the stoplight racing(he thought they were gonna catch the kid good that time)
#207328 - 08/03/08 08:37 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
72chevman Offline
RX-8's are slow unless they are turbo. Now try and match one at a road race and you will be history. My good friend is an expert SCCA road racer and bought a 06 RX-8. You should see him fly in that thing. He took it to the strip just to see and ran mid 14s stock. Since he has a CAI, lighter wheels & tires and a lighter muffler. The stock exhaust is fine for his set up, sort of like our GPs.
#207329 - 08/03/08 11:07 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
I seen a clip on streetfire.net this celica did 140, I don't know if it was true or not but once he got over 110 it took forever to get to 140.

The area I live in, all I see is honda, toyotas, and nissans rice out, ya'll wouldn't believe it.

But today a yellow supra was on the oppites side of the road and we were at a stop light and he rev his motor and boy did that things ring my ear drums.
#207330 - 08/04/08 03:22 AM Re: Ricer intelligence
Acefighter Offline
Here's a question: Does anyone else have people in TRUCKS try and race them? Maybe it's just a Texas thing, I don't know. I like trucks, but they just aren't for racing. It's quite amusing most of the time, actually, because they frequently refuse to give up. I had a couple trucks coming up behind me recently, and one pulled up next to me at the light. He revved his engine, and just for the hell of it, I squealed the tires off the line, and speed away. I didn't go much over the speed limit through. His buddy sped past me, and slowed down (ricer fly by, anyone?) and I passed him without speeding up. The first truck came up behind me, floored it, and moved over to pass me. As soon as he moved over, I floored it, and even with two friends in the car he didn't stand a chance. He was going to try again, but I had to turn off that road. lol

So, anyway, does anyone else have trucks try and race them?

(I said trucks aren't for racing, but I was watching a show about the DHRA at my local track. They had trucks that weighed four tons and were completely street legal except for the NOS in the bed running 10's. That's awesome. )
#207331 - 08/04/08 03:43 AM Re: Ricer intelligence
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Yea, this blue Silverado SS went past me one time and then I speed up a little bit because I thought I heard a turbo under there when he went past me.

At the light he reved up his trust and that thing is loud, but on the other side of him was a white Isuzu rodeo with exhaust. I raced for the hell of it since it was at night and no cops wasn't around or people on the road. So the light turn green and all three of us went for it, me and the silverado ss left the rodeo in the dust but I notice a reflective light and I took this turn that goes on the highway because I knew it was the police and one of the other trucks got caught because I seen some lights flashing right as I got on the highway.

Its not a texas thing, I get that too especially with those damn dodge ram trucks, about 90 percent of trucks here got exhaust on them and they think they can beat anybody.
#207332 - 08/04/08 12:58 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
00grandprixgt Offline
Loc: Wall Lake Iowa
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
Here's a question: Does anyone else have people in TRUCKS try and race them? Maybe it's just a Texas thing, I don't know. I like trucks, but they just aren't for racing. It's quite amusing most of the time, actually, because they frequently refuse to give up. I had a couple trucks coming up behind me recently, and one pulled up next to me at the light. He revved his engine, and just for the hell of it, I squealed the tires off the line, and speed away. I didn't go much over the speed limit through. His buddy sped past me, and slowed down (ricer fly by, anyone?) and I passed him without speeding up. The first truck came up behind me, floored it, and moved over to pass me. As soon as he moved over, I floored it, and even with two friends in the car he didn't stand a chance. He was going to try again, but I had to turn off that road. lol

So, anyway, does anyone else have trucks try and race them?

(I said trucks aren't for racing, but I was watching a show about the DHRA at my local track. They had trucks that weighed four tons and were completely street legal except for the NOS in the bed running 10's. That's awesome. )
i must agree trucks are for hualing and for pulling, BUT i have a couple tmes beaten other vehicles in my truck, their quicker than you think smile

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
soon to come: projectors,exhaust work, 3.4 setup.
#207333 - 08/04/08 01:34 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
StreetShaker Offline
Loc: Tyrone, Central PA
I get r-tards in Ford trucks around here who think they have race trucks because aftermarket exhauts add like 75hp. ya know

So yes I get people trying to race me all the time in trucks and SUV's, especially those in Ford Exploders

"Mr. Mom"
#207334 - 08/05/08 02:24 AM Re: Ricer intelligence
Acefighter Offline
Hmm...interesting. I thought it was a Texas thing. For me, it's usually a Chevy or Dodge that wants to race. I don't think I've raced a Ford. With one exception: StreetShaker, I had a Chevy 1500 and a Ford Explorer try to race me one night. Only time I've had an SUV try and race me. lol I think it was the V6 version too, which my mom has, so I knew how slow it was. Geez, THEY would not give up. It got to the point where I just blocked the road so they couldn't pass until I got to the street I wanted to turn on. crazy
#207335 - 08/07/08 01:59 AM Re: Ricer intelligence
00grandprixgt Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by StreetShaker:
I get r-tards in Ford trucks around here who think they have race trucks because aftermarket exhauts add like 75hp. ya know
HEY thats me lol ill race u with my truck smile

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
#207336 - 08/07/08 07:54 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
LOL so Karl did your stickers from ZZP add 25hp? cause didnt you say you dynoed 207hp
#207337 - 08/07/08 09:11 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by 00grandprixgt:
Quote:
[b] I get r-tards in Ford trucks around here who think they have race trucks because aftermarket exhauts add like 75hp. ya know
HEY thats me lol ill race u with my truck smile [/b]
i would beat your truck with my miata... you dont wanna race the GP
#207338 - 08/07/08 10:36 PM Re: Ricer intelligence
00grandprixgt Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
Quote:
Originally posted by 00grandprixgt:
[b]
Quote:
[b] I get r-tards in Ford trucks around here who think they have race trucks because aftermarket exhauts add like 75hp. ya know
HEY thats me lol ill race u with my truck smile [/b]
i would beat your truck with my miata... you dont wanna race the GP [/b]
its on cheers

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >