Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#208196 - 09/13/10 12:56 AM roads closed pizza boy
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
lmao so, every sat n sun, the people of milwaukee and surrounding areas, gather to have races in an undisclosed location. well they are not the smartest as u can see from this video! they meet in a park n ride right off of hwy 100 and its in plain sight of everyone! well tonight, they ALL got busted! lmfao, this is WHY i dont participate in this BS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N3_qQHOO0Q

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#208197 - 09/13/10 03:11 AM Re: roads closed pizza boy
ChrisGT Offline
Loc: Cranston, RI
If any of them had a set of balls or a car that was actually fast they would of run.

04 GTO M6 | HE SS Clutch | Kooks LT's | SLP LM2 | K&N
Soon: APS TT kit wink

SOLD \/
01 GT | STr5 cam | PT-67 | 18-22psi

#208198 - 09/13/10 10:57 AM Re: roads closed pizza boy
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
how is that possible with the cops blocking the only entrance?

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#208199 - 09/13/10 06:35 PM Re: roads closed pizza boy
ChrisGT Offline
lol you would be surprised how quickly cops move their cruisers when your charging at them. Plus in the vid they're was a gap between two cruisers that could fit a car size. I'm sure they had some time when they were showing up to make it through them.

SOLD \/

#208200 - 09/15/10 05:09 AM Re: roads closed pizza boy
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Street racing is proof positive that balls dont equal brains.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#208201 - 09/15/10 06:47 PM Re: roads closed pizza boy
ChrisGT Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
Street racing is proof positive that balls dont equal brains.
Being smart and safe makes for a miserable life.

SOLD \/

#208202 - 09/16/10 02:33 PM Re: roads closed pizza boy
ThunderBat Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisGT:
Quote:
[b] Street racing is proof positive that balls dont equal brains.
Being smart and safe makes for a miserable life. [/b]
Matter of opinion my friend wink

#208203 - 09/16/10 02:35 PM Re: roads closed pizza boy
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
Quote:
Quote:
[b] Street racing is proof positive that balls dont equal brains.
Being smart and safe makes for a miserable life. [/b]
Being dumb and reckless makes for a shorter life.. wink
#208204 - 09/17/10 03:38 PM Re: roads closed pizza boy
jlindahl2571 Offline
Loc: Massachusetts
Quote:
If any of them had a set of balls or a car that was actually fast they would of run.
Have you ever watched a chase show on tv? I know they only show people getting caught but a department with any resources should have no problem catching a street racer.
#208205 - 09/18/10 03:38 AM Re: roads closed pizza boy
ChrisGT Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by jlindahl2571:
Quote:
[b] If any of them had a set of balls or a car that was actually fast they would of run.
Have you ever watched a chase show on tv? I know they only show people getting caught but a department with any resources should have no problem catching a street racer. [/b]
TBat - There is a difference between being a safe driver and being a good driver.

I lol at this because you are from Mass and you think this. I have never seen so many people being chased out of a town as I did in fall river and plymouth ave dude. Guess what nobody got caught.

You have no idea what you're talking about because no police station in the RI,CT,MA area has a car that can keep up with some of the more serious cars and none of them are allowed or can go over 130. So invalid statement. From personal experience I'm telling you they rarely catch racers unless they stop.

Anybody with a decently fast car can tell you cops are pigs "slow".

SOLD \/

#208206 - 09/18/10 09:43 AM Re: roads closed pizza boy
jlindahl2571 Offline
I guess you're right. I never thought about the fact that street racers aren't highly wanted criminals like you see on most chase shows that cops really care about. It's not really worth their or the public's safety to go chasing them all over town at those speeds.

I'd imagine Milwaukee PD has some resources though. Whether they care enough or not is another story I guess.
#208207 - 09/20/10 09:10 PM Re: roads closed pizza boy
ChrisGT Offline
Oh they try dude down in Hartford they have had multiple sting operations and have only caught the dumb people who stayed, stopped, or did something stupid like crash when running.

This past weekend a DT tried to chase down a "street racer" I know said "street racer" said "street racer" owns a 10.20 @ 154mph car.

DT tries to chase, then tries to cut off said "street racer" and smashes into a jersey barrier.
"street racer" was almost a mile away from chase to pig going smash.

You can think that cop cars are fast and street racers are slow. You just have no clue what you are talking about.

I love the ignorance.

SOLD \/

#208208 - 09/21/10 10:10 PM Re: roads closed pizza boy
ThunderBat Offline
You can rationalize it any way you want. I've seen plenty who said they were "good" and they thought that way simply because they had a fast car...and many of them wind up wrecked or injured, or worst yet, injuring someone else because of their actions.

With all of the tracks can be attended where racing is done legally and with measure of safety, there is no reason to street race.

You can continue to run, and maybe you'll get away with it for along while, but when luck runs out a ticket will be the least of your worries.

#208209 - 09/22/10 12:06 PM Re: roads closed pizza boy
jlindahl2571 Offline
Yes, most towns do have a no chase policy, especially for street racers, who are not dangerous criminals. I'm sure there are plenty of stories out there where cops have crashed, cops have caught the street racer, the street racer has crashed etc etc etc. It just all depends on the department.

A sting operation does not mean that they're going to chase every car until they catch them either. I'm sure they know that everyone won't run so they just take what they can get. Who said cop cars are fast and street racers are slow?
#208210 - 09/23/10 04:52 AM Re: roads closed pizza boy
ChrisGT Offline
Quote:
You can rationalize it any way you want. I've seen plenty who said they were "good" and they thought that way simply because they had a fast car...and many of them wind up wrecked or injured, or worst yet, injuring someone else because of their actions.

With all of the tracks can be attended where racing is done legally and with measure of safety, there is no reason to street race.

You can continue to run, and maybe you'll get away with it for along while, but when luck runs out a ticket will be the least of your worries.
Your deff right t-bat I agree idc how fast the car is the poll is still gunna win. I know I'm not the only one that has lost a few friends to this activity but it was their choice to partake in the race.

Now on the track aspect. The closest track is 3+ miles away doing an avg of 80mph. The next closest is 4+ hrs away. On test and tune they bost cost $35 to run. Street night is $20 and change. Nvm the gas money to get there.

However since NH Drag is now going to be NHRA cert the prices will go up and it will become even more crowded. AND it will be down for some time so they can extend and redo the entire track.

So you can wait for the weekend, trailer or drive your car there $$$, then pay the entrance fee $$, then if your lucky and its not a crazy busy day get a few runs in... hmm I think I see why some people don't want to go.

Everyone makes the track to be this safe alternative. You crash anywhere your still screwed.

SOLD \/