#208315 - 11/03/07 04:23 PM Re: shop pictures/ of my work
GP GT GUY Offline
Loc: Indianapolis
thats good, i'd love to get into that so i could paint my own stuff

2000 GP GT 20's, altezzas, clears, F/M super 44's, some little blue L.E.D.s

#208316 - 11/03/07 04:41 PM Re: shop pictures/ of my work
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
wow ... looks good ... better than i can do lol hopefuly soon i will be able to get that good .... (fyi i have a rocford p2 12", box amp and alpine headunit for sale if anyone is intrested ) im selling my cdplayer and stuff so i can get a airbrush kit ... im really big into learning how to airbrush and pinstripe my hood is finished and in my tiny ass apartment room, i got my brush 2day but it looks 2small so i am going to order some more and then get some 1shot paint and i am going to pinstripe my hood . as soon as i get a airbrush i will be sitten in my apartment messing with everything i can .... also i am going to do some toilet seats real soon for pratice because they are cheep and if they turn out good you can actualy use them for something lol but

way to go your stuff looks real good i like the mailbox lol
#208317 - 11/03/07 05:04 PM Re: shop pictures/ of my work
Stauffie'sGTP Offline
Loc: Illionis
lol thanks...you should do a mailbox...i paid ten bucks for mine...it had a dent i had to fix...but its kind cool....i'd think about trading you my airbrush for your sub/amp/HU but i think u'd be loosing to much...lol...plus i'm not positive i wanna get rid of it. BTW the shop i work at is really small...its just the owner, his wife(book-keeper), a main body guy, a main mechanic, a clean-up girl and me. Which i do anything from fixing dents and stuff to brake jobs and small mechanical stuff. they don't even have a real paint-booth, its just a seperate room and an exhuast fan. But they do do very good work. And nothing leaves if its not up to par with the boss...just an example the other day we did a 06 impala, cress in the front door and we painted/blended both passenger side doors...well after i'd scuff and buffed it and was about to send it to the cleanup girl, my boss noticed a hair and some dust in the paint, and we had to repaint it so i looked better...but i konw alot of shops around here woulda kicked that car out justlike it was. I really like where i work. sorry for the long post...lol

~Stauffie
#208318 - 11/03/07 07:42 PM Re: shop pictures/ of my work
20gtp02 Offline
Fire looks pretty good! I would say a little less on the circles, that would give it more of a fluid natural look. Other wise, its way better than I could perform, that is why I paid someone to paint the flames on my car. I am good at tapping and straight line stuff. Nothing in artistic forms.

#208319 - 11/03/07 08:00 PM Re: shop pictures/ of my work
4drgt Offline
soon i am going to get an iwata airbrush kit idk they are around 329 from a site i know and it comes with a bunch of stuff ... i wish i worked at a shop like yours. my buddy and me are tryen to get some cash 2geather so we can build a small paint booth he is a great painter !! him and i have some real good ideas on stuff and we love to work on it but its hard to find some small jobs that people want us do do .. esp without a paint booth at the moment. so hopefuly after college i am gonna try to get some cash 2geather and start a small busness and i can tell you this ... its gonna be about quality of the work .. it makes me sick sometimes to see at my job how they send stuff out of the door ... i think umfan knows what im talken about when he got his car back after his wreck lol
#208320 - 11/03/07 10:01 PM Re: shop pictures/ of my work
20gtp02 Offline
Word of Mouth, best business. That is what runs my dads Renovation and Handy man business.

#208321 - 11/04/07 01:50 AM Re: shop pictures/ of my work
4drgt Offline
what we plan on doing is a restoration shop ... because i love old cars
#208322 - 11/04/07 01:26 AM Re: shop pictures/ of my work
Stauffie'sGTP Offline
yea...i think my true fire looks like honeycomb in the middle...lol its gay but it still kinda looks cool. I'd love to open up my own shop someday, but i don't really see that happening for a while...after i get my own place i'd like to do side jobs and what not out of my garage(that would be after getting my own place). But yea at my shop they do collision and old cars...right now my boss is redoing a 56 covette...appraised at $190,000!!!! its sweet...

~Stauffie
#208323 - 11/04/07 08:56 PM Re: shop pictures/ of my work
4drgt Offline
wow... i wish i could work on some cars like that

here is a picture of my hood and stuff that ive done
#208324 - 11/04/07 08:58 PM Re: shop pictures/ of my work
4drgt Offline
does anyone have any ideas of what color pinstriping would look good ??
#208325 - 11/06/07 07:44 PM Re: shop pictures/ of my work
Stauffie'sGTP Offline
i'd go green, but i'm just a fan of green. lol