Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#208500 - 08/16/05 06:57 AM Pontiac Vibe and Aztek questions
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
In 8 short months I will have both of my cars paid off in full - obviously I'll have my own savings stash going for a GTO - but we're also looking into another vehicle for toting around the dogs.

Jill really likes the look of the Aztek and the Vibe, but looks can't be the reason to purchase a vehicle (or so we tell ourselves...) so does anyone here have any experience with either of these vehicles? Good or bad, and any constructive criticisms (please skip the "Aztek = ugly" stuff).

I like the Vibe, but it seems too small for our needs. Our male is 90lbs and our female is 70lbs, and they can get pretty messy living out in the woods like we do. So go ahead and drop some input here to help us make a decision! Or even put in some suggestions for other vehicles along the same lines as these two if you think there are better ones out there

Thanks in advance cheers

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/
#208501 - 08/16/05 08:20 AM Re: Pontiac Vibe and Aztek questions
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
I like the Vibe.

I have no other constructive input.
#208502 - 08/16/05 08:24 AM Re: Pontiac Vibe and Aztek questions
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Have you given any thought to a Trailblazer?

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#208503 - 08/16/05 09:02 AM Re: Pontiac Vibe and Aztek questions
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Aztec all the way. Vibe is a tas small and although the Aztec is ugly everyone I know that has one loves it. It performs it's job admirably.
#208504 - 08/16/05 09:59 AM Re: Pontiac Vibe and Aztek questions
Caesar Offline
Loc: Michigan
My sister-in-law (and her husband) have an Aztec...It has surpassed their expectations. He used to drive a Honda CRX (so I was elated that he is driving a Pontiac). It gets decent gas mileage too, and the ride is nice (even with the car full...it still rides nice) smile

I agree that the Vibe is a little small.

Aztec all the way

Just my 2¢ thumbsup
#208505 - 08/17/05 08:34 AM Re: Pontiac Vibe and Aztek questions
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
Thanks for the feedback guys! I got a chance to check out a Vibe in person yesterday and I like it but not roomy enough.

Most people that I've spoken with that have Azteks are happy with them, most of them surprised at how well they've worked out.

Bobby, I hadn't considered the Trailblazer but I may check it out when we start going car shopping.

Quote:
Originally posted by BryantGTP:
I like the Vibe.

I have no other constructive input.
This really made me laugh for some reason laugh
One of my friends reacted to my question, very politely, with "You don't want to hear that the Aztec is ugly? Well, I have nothing to say" lol

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/
#208506 - 08/23/05 08:37 PM Re: Pontiac Vibe and Aztek questions
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I'll be the first to admit that the Aztek is a homely vehicle at best...but it does offer a lot of very useful features...I personally like the split tailgate, the conventional opening rear doors and better engine access than a minivan. with the rear seats removed it has cavernous cargo area and will accept a full 4x8 sheet of plywood flat on the floor...but probably the best part is that because of their lack of visual appeal, they can be had for very reasonable prices...the Vibe is a nice little car but it cant compare on interior room and in my opinion is woefully underpowered...the engine reminds me of the one in the Honda S2000, where you have to drive it like you want to wring its little neck to up into the powerband...an engine would probably be far more at home on a sportbike.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#208507 - 08/23/05 09:40 PM Re: Pontiac Vibe and Aztek questions
Jizz Offline
Loc: Central Maryland
I had a Vibe for about 2 years... I held a lot more than it looks like it does. It got 33+MPG even in the City which ain't bad for Gas at near $3 but I gotta say...it "feels" small next to vehicles like the Ford Valdez and other full size vehicles.
#208508 - 08/29/05 09:32 PM Re: Pontiac Vibe and Aztek questions
ws6formula Offline
Loc: Michigan
Why don't you check out a Buick Rendevous? Essentially same vehicle, may be a little more, but looks a lot better.

'02 GP coupe, Redfire Metallic - every available option except engine block heater
#208509 - 08/30/05 01:22 AM Re: Pontiac Vibe and Aztek questions
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I aint tryin to start a flamer here and I mean no disrespect to ws6...this is strictly a personal opinion of mine...I have heard multiple people say that the Buick Rendevous is a better looking vehicle than the Aztek...I'll admit the Aztek has all the appeal of a homely mutt dog, but to me the Buick is just plain butt-ugly...I hate the huge band of taillights across the rear, the fake black glass look above those lights and Buick's whole theme of recent years of making everything on the front of their vehicles oval shaped...grilles, lights and all. No offense intended to anyone involved but I think an Aztek is downright sporty next to its so-called high class sister ship. (I think I just threw up a little in my mouth...talk about having to make sad choices)

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#208510 - 08/30/05 06:20 AM Re: Pontiac Vibe and Aztek questions
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Have you looked at the new HHR? The top model MSRPs for just over 18k

#208511 - 08/30/05 08:28 AM Re: Pontiac Vibe and Aztek questions
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
I seen one the other day....did a double take.....maybe it was a triple take.

IMHO....what an ugly piece of metal.
Kinda like a PT cruiser on steroids
#208512 - 08/30/05 10:50 AM Re: Pontiac Vibe and Aztek questions
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Austin G T P:
Have you given any thought to a Trailblazer?
withstupid
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#208513 - 09/01/05 12:16 PM Re: Pontiac Vibe and Aztek questions
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Scion xA?
laugh

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.