Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#208606 - 05/15/07 04:13 PM Windy City Pontiacs Invites Chicagoland Area Locals To Join...
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL

INVITATION: Chicagoland/Surrounding Area Members - New Club

I wanted to take a moment to invite those that live near, around, kinda close to the Chicagoland area to a new Pontiac club that we've launched:

Who We Are
Windy City Pontiacs is a new car club for the Chicagoland area. It's objective is to provide a more inclusive community for all Chicagoland Pontiac owners. The club is dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of Pontiacs from all eras and models. Our ultimate goal is to enable members to meet, help each other out, share ideas and most importantly…have fun and enjoy our cars.

Our History
Windy City Pontiacs originated when a few members of the local Grand Prix and W-Body community sold their cars and bought other cars. (Some of us kept our W-bodies and just bought more Pontiacs. ) Although they no longer owned their W-bodies, these members continued to be part of the comminity to keep up with friends and attend events. (Oddly enough, these members all bought Pontiacs. ) As a result, it was decided that a Chicagoland Pontiac Club was needed. The rest is history!

we look forward to meeting all of you. Your contribution and participation are encouraged and appreciated.

-The Windy City Pontiacs Staff
http://www.windycitypontiacs.net

P.S. If you register, please be sure to introduce yourself in the New Members section :
http://www.windycitypontiacs.net/viewforum.php?f=1
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#208607 - 05/15/07 04:55 PM Re: Windy City Pontiacs Invites Chicagoland Area Locals To Join...
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
I think it's a great idea. We have the same setup in the KC area, there is no true KCCGP, but instead we have Kansas City Pontiac Motorsports Club (KCPMC), including GTO's, F-bodys, and GP's. Hope it works out well for you!

'97 SE with alot of mods
#208608 - 05/15/07 06:48 PM Re: Windy City Pontiacs Invites Chicagoland Area Locals To Join...
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Sweet. I wish Austin had something like that. All we got are F-bodys, mustangs, Corvettes, a few GTO's, and some rice.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#208609 - 05/15/07 07:29 PM Re: Windy City Pontiacs Invites Chicagoland Area Locals To Join...
Richard Candelario Offline
Yall can go ahead and wish you had more clubs where you are, I wish there was any Poncho club in this area. on thirdgen.org they're tryin to set up a F-Body club, but it's goin like NOWHERE. God, I am stuck in Rural-America HELL!!! That's it, they need to move this installation I'm at to Phoenix. now.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#208610 - 05/15/07 07:30 PM Re: Windy City Pontiacs Invites Chicagoland Area Locals To Join...
Richard Candelario Offline
But it is a rather nice idea, all inclusive like that...

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#208611 - 05/29/07 12:23 AM Re: Windy City Pontiacs Invites Chicagoland Area Locals To Join...
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I just wish we had a local car club...the only two games in town here are Asphalt Angels (if you own a street rod or musclecar)...and Southern Knights Cruisers (mostly pre 72 street machines)...I've thought about trying to drum something up but everybody I see driving GPs looklike housewives and never anything modded...we got Donks and SUVs rollin on 24s (or more)and we got Confederate flag flyin 4x4s...just no my kind of area I guess...oh well

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com