Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#209342 - 01/07/09 11:47 AM Re: GM Killed G8 ST
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
I have seen newer Malibu everywhere on road. That's kind cool car. It would be my next car if Pontiac is out.
#209343 - 01/10/09 01:17 PM Re: GM Killed G8 ST
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I have to admit that I'm not truly surprised by any of this...but the G3 makes the G5 look like an out and out race car by comparison. If they offered the same turbo Ecotec as offered in the Cobalt it would be a modern day street ripper and a large boost for Pontiac youth market. However I'm sure GM doesnt want that kind of brand competition.

Unless someone comes up with some miracle mileage/power V8 I think we can surely kiss those days goodbye...not even sure we ever should have revisited them like we have in recent years. I think they have gone the way of the old big blocks and hemis.
I think the big three have the knowledge to build fun cars that are economical as well. My turbo Cruiser is an example of an idea that can be run with. The retro styling of the PT aside, the intercooled turbo engine has huge room for refinement and improvement, and its already pretty good. The Ecotec direct injected turbo in the Solstice GXP is another example. Performance oriented hybrids have been shown at the various auto shows before now so the potential is there. I'd like to think positive and believe we are on the verge of an automotive revolution that is about to deliver some of the best new designs in many years. We as the buying public justneed to realize that pavement ripping V8 musclecars are great things to dream about but not very practical in todays world.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2