Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#210312 - 01/21/10 05:57 PM Re: The most hated family in the world
Richard Candelario Offline
I fear I did offend you. No, the barb was not aimed at you at all. I had no idea you were going to AF as well.

THEY hate us because thats what the Imam says. The Imam hates us because parts of Koran says to hate infidels. They ignore the other parts of the Koran that says to hate True Believers (themselves) and Infidels. They ignore the part of the Koran that says to live in peace and harmony with all people of the world, regardless of any other factors.

The biggest parallel that I see between Iraq and Viet Nam AND Korea is that we're fighting a guerrilla war and that the American populace have no more backbone for this kind of war. Civilians at large are too soft to see war for what it is and are pressuring politicians to pull out of the Theatre of Operations, regardless of the consequences. Remember Viet Nam? What happened to Saigon after we left?

The swatting with sledgehammers? Most likely the following concept hasnt been reported about on the news: Winning the hearts and minds of the locals. Also known as Counter-Insurgency Operations. The nutshell is this: you treat the locals the right way and they root out the bad guys for you. They then begin to police themselves and lend legitimacy to their own government. GEN Petraus resurrected this idea. We were using this concept during Viet Nam, and it was working. Until the civilians and media took control of the military.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#210313 - 01/21/10 07:35 PM Re: The most hated family in the world
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
The one and only way for the US to not be a target of the radical islamists is to abandon Isreal and pull completely out of the middle east.
I don't agree with that. I still don't think they will stop. They want us dead. End of story. They hate us and what this country stands for.

Again, I'm only speaking of the radicals.
#210314 - 01/22/10 08:48 AM Re: The most hated family in the world
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I really think if we were separated from the radicals by 1/2 a globe they wouldn't even waste their time.
#210315 - 01/22/10 12:28 PM Re: The most hated family in the world
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Rick: I understand what you're saying, and I know that you obviously have some first hand knowledge of what is going on over there, while I am at the will of what is reported to me by the press and a few of my buddies who are over there.

After we left Saigon, the people were slaughtered. It is a terrible truth, but with no light at the end of the tunnel it seems senseless for us to continue to lose the bravest men and women of this country for nation-building overseas when we could use people like that here.

Do you honestly forsee a future Iraq with a democracy who will want to defend their democratic nation? I just do not see, without an American presence, a nation that can/wants to defend itself from everyone in the region who will not want them there as bad as they don't want Israel there.

Ace: Why would they hate us for that? I agree to disagree on that issue, as I just do not think that they hate us for having freedoms over here and a democracy, they hate us because of our actions.

Herc: I completely agree with you.
#210316 - 01/22/10 04:19 PM Re: The most hated family in the world
Acefighter Offline
The problem is the radicals aren't going to stop until every non-Muslim is either dead or converted. Even if the US is separated by half a globe, Europe isn't. We'll still have to back them up.
#210317 - 02/01/10 01:12 AM Re: The most hated family in the world
Doug in CT Offline
Loc: CT, USA
To quote Homer Simpson (or some guy named Voltaire?) "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
But seriously, there is a legal precedent that police departments are not legally required to protect anyone. So maybe one day we'll get lucky and a police department will exercise it's right to not send officers out to protect those crack heads. Because while I hold dear my Constitutional right to freedom of speech. Everyone must also be held accountable for their speech when it's only purpose is to insult grieving families. This kind of speech is just another form of fighting words. And these people need their faces smashed in!
#210318 - 02/01/10 01:19 AM Re: The most hated family in the world
Doug in CT Offline
Loc: CT, USA
Also, I never supported the war in Iraq. But when our soldiers are sent into harms way no matter where or why, I fully support ANY and ALL actions that ensure their safe return!
#210319 - 02/01/10 01:55 AM Re: The most hated family in the world
Acefighter Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Doug in CT:
Also, I never supported the war in Iraq. But when our soldiers are sent into harms way no matter where or why, I fully support ANY and ALL actions that ensure their safe return!
THAT is the attitude I wish more people had. I don't care whether you support the war or not, but support the troops that have to be in harms way.
#210320 - 02/02/10 09:03 PM Re: The most hated family in the world
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
Quote:
Originally posted by Doug in CT:
[b] Also, I never supported the war in Iraq. But when our soldiers are sent into harms way no matter where or why, I fully support ANY and ALL actions that ensure their safe return!
THAT is the attitude I wish more people had. I don't care whether you support the war or not, but support the troops that have to be in harms way. [/b]
Who doesn't support the troops? I would be willing to bet that 90% of people support the troops.
#210321 - 02/03/10 12:53 AM Re: The most hated family in the world
Acefighter Offline
Uh...*points to the most hated family in the world* lol
#210322 - 02/06/10 07:39 PM Re: The most hated family in the world
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
I don't support the war but I do support troops.

Of course I don't support bad troops like guy throw puppy in cliff from internet video or raped some Iraq girls which it has been on news all over few years ago. Some troops are good or bad. No one is perfect I guess.

Hopefully, the war will end someday so rest of troops will go home safe to spend time with family.

Maybe it won't stop because there is guy who actually try blow up the airplane in Christmas which you probably heard about that from news. What's up with that guys blow themselve? Do it in your own country instead USA :rolleyes:
#210323 - 02/06/10 08:10 PM Re: The most hated family in the world
Richard Candelario Offline
like the guys in Pakistan that blew the Americans up on their way to a school grand-opening? or like the guys in Karbala and Baghdad just recently? or Isreal? or...do you really want me to continue?

If the terrorists/insurgents target operations ONLY in their own turf, then they dont really ever scare or kill their intended prey: Americans. Where else in the world to you have a greater concentration of Americans than in America?

I also found it funny that the media had mentioned that the Americans were on the way to an opening of a school that they helped rebuild only because it was the only way the story could be understood. How much attention was given to the fact that American forces rebuilt something?

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3