Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#210379 - 12/16/04 09:51 AM congrats Herc
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Yo Herc...our local newspaper here ran a full page article in the "explore" section on the 50th anniversary of the C-130 Hercules...there was some very cool info in there...I had no idea the plane had been in production and service for that long...nothing like and old friend you can rely on...are there any C-130 crew members that you know of who are second generation "Hercmen"?

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#210380 - 12/16/04 10:19 AM Re: congrats Herc
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
The airport here in Austin used to be an airforce base (Bergstrom). They used to have air shows all the time out there. They would always show the C-130 doing a short distance take off with 6 JATO's strapped to it, 3 on each side. I always thought it was sooo cool to see that huge ass plane blast off with the JATO's.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#210381 - 12/16/04 11:19 AM Re: congrats Herc
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Nope I don't know any second generation Herc crewmen. Unfortunately the Navy doesn't use the Hercs to their full potential. All we do is cargo haulin. No air drops no JATO no tanking.

Thanks for taking notice.