Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#210560 - 05/15/05 02:04 AM TMS was okay...
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Met up with Javier and Arcxnus. Driving around the track was a blast.
When I looked at my speedo I was creeping up on 90mph, about 85-90. A Camaro a couple cars in front of us was laying back on the front straetch and gunning it as SHE entered turn 1. I hung with the 2 camaros and 1 mustang that were in front of us, but I kept catching them pretty quick and that kept my speed down.
Going 85mph in a 24* banked turn with the wall right next to you can get your blood flowing pretty good.
Overall turnout was about a lame as it could be. We were on the track 10 minutes after entering. There were no lines and few cars. If you wanted to make several runs, this was the night. You could get a lot of laps in.
You could tell they were expect a crowd by how they had several staging lanes set up, they only needed 2.
On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 5, but a blast!
I'll be back for Sept.
...and my fricking camera didn't take any good pics, so here's my pic from victory lane...
Notice how the stupid girl that was taking the pics did a fine job on centering my car in front of the victory lane boards. I stopped where I thought the center would be and she kept telling me to pull forward. mad

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#210561 - 05/15/05 08:43 AM Re: TMS was okay...
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
Still sounds like fun though.
#210562 - 05/15/05 10:22 AM Re: TMS was okay...
AustinGTP Offline
...and it was.
Arcxnus found out they had a minimum age restriction for drivers, 21. Arc's 18. frown

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#210563 - 05/15/05 11:46 AM Re: TMS was okay...
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
Yeah .. I was kind of angry about that. It wasn't on their website at all; in fact, they didn't have much info at all. It's partially my fault though, since I should have called them to make sure I wasn't missing anything. No big deal though, people get older, fortunately. laugh

I was surprised at how empty it was .. We didn't even know where to go because we couldn't follow any cars, so that's why we came back to you, Bobby. lol By the way, I want to apologize for my phone's horrid reception. I didn't receive a call from anyone last night, not even when my friend was looking for me to get back to the car.

I wish I'd had more time to talk to everyone; I feel like I made you guys feel ignored or something but I hear Jeremy and Jessica kept everyone pretty much entertained. lol Next time, maybe I'll have the chance, since I'll be closer to TSM, and uh ..

I can just watch.
#210564 - 05/15/05 12:41 PM Re: TMS was okay...
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Quote:
Originally posted by Austin G T P:
...and it was.
Arcxnus found out they had a minimum age restriction for drivers, 21. Arc's 18. frown
What kind of lame thing is that? If I had went, I would have been royally pissed, me being 20 and all. High fives for bad marketing and leaving some sour tastes in peoples mouths. As a side note, think this may have assisted the low turn-out?
#210565 - 05/15/05 02:01 PM Re: TMS was okay...
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
As a side note, think this may have assisted the low turn-out?
No, not at all. I think one of the reason there was such a low turn out is because PSN was going on at Ennis.
Last August I got in line at about 7:45-8:00.
Pulled of the track at 10:30.
Headed back to Austin at about 11:15.
May 14th: Signed waivers at 8:00, ran 3 laps, took picture in victory lane and waited the customary 10 minutes for your pic, done at 8:30.
Hung around for a little bit while Arc's dad drove her around in her car, left at 9:00, home at 12:15.
If I knew the turn out was going to be so low, I would have brought more cash to run more laps.

#210566 - 05/15/05 02:58 PM Re: TMS was okay...
Arcxnus Offline
It was kind of aggravating for them not to have rules posted on the website, but .. now we know! Someone filmed over the video from inside the car during the race, so we don't even have that now .. Fortunately we still have the video from my friends standing down in the parking lot, so I don't think it'll be so bad.

#210567 - 05/15/05 10:44 PM Re: TMS was okay...
Kaibutsu Offline
Hey, it's Jessica, the other one. I had a lot of fun at TMS, and was so MAD that she didn't get to drive. OH well, her time will come, as well as mine. Hehe.

I know I don't have a Grand Prix, but I'm going to have one, and I'm going to be helping Arcxnus pay for her moding, so I'll be partially owning one.

Yes Arcxnus, I don't know if you remember talking about it a while back, but I am going to help you mod yours out so you can race it and have a anti-ricer.

I enjoyed talking to you Bobby, and I LOVE your car.

It was me that messed up the tape for Arc, and I am SOSOSOSOSO sorry. I'll have my video on the computer by the end of the week so I can get it to you. Oh, and I have some of your car to Bobby and I'll get it to you later. It's not much, but just enough to show off to people if you want to.

Here are some more pictures from TMS that I got.

Go Grand Prix!

Sorry it's fuzzy, but it's hard to take good pictures in the dark like that. At least you can still see that there are 3 Grand Prix.

Again with the fuzzy.

And he enters the 2nd turn! (Go Bobby Go!)

That was Bobby and Javier lining getting back in there cars for the first round, with Arc's Dad's Cadillac CTS in between.

I just had to get this picture on the way in, its on the bridge that goes over the entrance of the track. Of course I had ot be sitting in the back so you get Arc's rearview and stuff in the way, but at least you get to see the cool sign. smile

2002 Blue/Black GT - ... Stock.
#210568 - 05/15/05 11:05 PM Re: TMS was okay...
Arcxnus Offline
There's a severed head on my dash!

Don't sweat it about the tape so much; it's fine. :p Nice pics, too, I'll be snagging some to put in my Photobucket account. laugh If you have more, share!
#210569 - 05/15/05 11:19 PM Re: TMS was okay...
AustinGTP Offline
I want to see the video as soon as you can get it posted.

#210570 - 05/16/05 08:45 AM Re: TMS was okay...
BryantGTP Offline
Arc, what's on your hood?
#210571 - 05/16/05 09:34 AM Re: TMS was okay...
Arcxnus Offline
Ricenators. Er, resonat -- .. nonfunctional hood scoops a la Firebird style. In typical 400 horsepower adding, I can take them off and put them anywhere.

*shifty look*
#210572 - 05/16/05 10:29 AM Re: TMS was okay...
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Looks like fun even with the low turn out. Too bad Arcxnus couldn't drive. frown

Nice pics... especially the 'Nothing but speed from on in'.

Video?? Share please.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#210573 - 05/16/05 11:42 AM Re: TMS was okay...
Javier Offline
Loc: Pasadena, TX

#210574 - 05/16/05 12:12 PM Re: TMS was okay...
framos242 Offline
Nice pics Javier!
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

#210575 - 05/16/05 12:14 PM Re: TMS was okay...
BryantGTP Offline
Sweet pics from the cockpit!
#210576 - 05/16/05 12:41 PM Re: TMS was okay...
AustinGTP Offline
Notice the direction of Arc's front wheels in this pic.
This was as far as she got, she's pulling out and parking it.

Somebody's going wall... laugh

#210577 - 05/16/05 12:48 PM Re: TMS was okay...
Javier Offline
here a pic from closer to the wall
#210578 - 05/16/05 12:56 PM Re: TMS was okay...
framos242 Offline
I wonder who's going to the wall????

#210579 - 05/16/05 01:55 PM Re: TMS was okay...
Arcxnus Offline
Holy crap, Javier, it looks like you have NO fuel from the view of your gauges!

At least I got to .. sit in line. Viva la GP! The three years they're giving me before I take that track and turn it inside out lets me have enough time to .. you know .. get to that point. lol

Lovely photos, guys, I'm nabbing them, too. If she hasn't already, Jessica can screencap the video we got, and I think I'll have a hand in a bit of that. Sooo .. you can have screenshots of pretty much anything. laugh
#210580 - 05/16/05 10:46 PM Re: TMS was okay...
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
need a little gas there bubba?...it looks like you guys had a blast even though the numbers were low...I am so aching to get my ride out ona track like that...prolly best I wait til I get some better springs and tires though...this looks like a fantastic event to build a meet around tho...we gotta get together for something like this...if they only did it at Indy!...thanx for all the pics guys!

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#210581 - 05/17/05 06:22 PM Re: TMS was okay...
AustinGTP Offline
It was still fun, T-bat. I enjoyed every bit of it, but I was really looking forward to being able to get out and mingle around for a bit before the cars moved up again. You generally see all kinds of cars out there.
I just wished I had brought more money with me. I would have loved to go around a couple more times. Looking back, I think I would have enjoyed letting someone else drive my car around while I stayed in the parking lot, so I could see it and hear it for myself, as a spectator.
Sept will be here soon... I just hope it's a little more crowded.

#210582 - 05/17/05 08:04 PM Re: TMS was okay...
KyleGT Offline
Loc: Madison, WI
hey Javier, looks like you were a little low on gas
lol

Galaxy Silver Metallic 2001 GT ~ 70k miles Eclipse CD5425 deck, Eclipse & Kenwood speakers, Silverstars, rear bumper inlays, debadged, Flowmaster Super 40s and Gibson tips
#210583 - 05/17/05 08:29 PM Re: TMS was okay...
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
Man oh man wish we get work out a get together! I've looked around here and not too much offered in my neck of the woods that would be worthwhile to merit travelling a great distance. Has anyone else made any progress for a possible GP.net meetup?

Oh, and Javier probably planned on getting the tank as empty as possible for the extra speed gained from the weight reduction of having only .5 gallons of gas devilgrin

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/
#210584 - 05/17/05 11:30 PM Re: TMS was okay...
BryantGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by DoberManJT:
Oh, and Javier probably planned on getting the tank as empty as possible for the extra speed gained from the weight reduction of having only .5 gallons of gas devilgrin
What about the rumor of the PCM pulling timing?
#210585 - 05/18/05 08:24 AM Re: TMS was okay...
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
quote:
Originally posted by BryantGTP:
quote:
Originally posted by DoberManJT:
Oh, and Javier probably planned on getting the tank as empty as possible for the extra speed gained from the weight reduction of having only .5 gallons of gas crazy
So there's a rumor that the PCM would pull timing when the gas reaches very low levels? Hadn't heard that before but can sort of see the "logic" of it from a GM point of view

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/
#210586 - 05/18/05 11:48 AM Re: TMS was okay...
Javier Offline
Quote:
Holy crap, Javier, it looks like you have NO fuel from the view of your gauges!
I was actually on full, its just that my fuel gauge isn’t accurate, its either full or empty. I was told that the sending unit was gone, and I haven’t dished out the $$$$ to buy a new fuel pump. So I just base myself on the DIC for now.
#210587 - 05/20/05 12:48 AM Re: TMS was okay...
Kaibutsu Offline
Well, I have good and bad news, but more bad than good I think. savewave

2002 Blue/Black GT - ... Stock.
#210588 - 05/20/05 05:01 PM Re: TMS was okay...
Arcxnus Offline
Ooo, so shiny. laugh
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >