Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#211415 - 02/10/07 09:17 PM 2005 Grand Prix GXP Problems
Tonya Johnson Offline
Loc: New York
I purchased my GXP for my birthday in July of 2005. My car is not even 2 years old yet and I have had major problems with it. I love the car, but hate the problems. I have had horn problems (not working), electrical problems(all lights,windows, and seats not working), and the worst, most unbelievable problem of all, I have already had (1) new transmission and (2) rebuilt transmissions in less than 1 year. i am trying to get GM to take it back and give me another car, but I am not getting anywhere with them. My trouble is that I have 48000 miles on the car. I am under the years but over the mileage. But I don't think it should matter considering I got my first new tranmission at 22971. Oh and I failed to bring up that the throttle body was replaced at 22900. I need help! Does anyone have any suggestions? I just want a GXP that actually works properly. I LOVE my car!
#211416 - 02/11/07 02:29 AM Re: 2005 Grand Prix GXP Problems
01grandprixse Offline
Loc: Kentucky
Good Luck. We had an 05 Mustang that was giving us more problems that I can remember (maybe because it was a Ford, maybe because it was a first year run) and we tried and tried for a buy back with no luck. The dealership lost a considerable amount of money in it due to the warranty work. But in the end, it all kinda worked out when an Envoy ran the red light and totalled it. [img][/img] [img][/img]
Probably the best advice is to stick withit and complain until you are blue in the face... Dealer may hate you but they will get annoyed and give in eventually.
2005 Grand Prix GT

Moderator:  AustinGTP, Marc Harbison, Redshift