Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#211513 - 04/25/10 12:10 PM New guy saying "HI"
Rudedog Offline
Loc: Illinois
Hi yall. I just thought I would drop a line and let ya know some stuff about me. I've been a Pontiac fan since I was a kid my first car was a '75 Lemans, I actually lost something very important to me in the back seat but still can't remember what the girls name was. Later I bought a '69 lemans that had a '66 389 tri-power in it. when I caught that on fire I dropped a 455 from a '75 Grand Prix SJ into it and that car scared me to death .....at first. My wife and I just bought an '05 GXP it had 31k on the om and I paid just over 11k for it. I love this car, my wife is scared of it but I love it. Its kind of a Blue green shifty color, sounds like a pitbull on roids and runs like a striped assed ape. Any improvements I can make to this without going goofy would be deeply appriciated if suggested.
Thanks
Rudedog
#211514 - 05/09/10 01:29 PM Re: New guy saying "HI"
boblom Offline
Loc: LAS VEGAS
Hello,
Im Robert a newbie also.Why worrie about being Goofy,when your name is Rudedog. {'~'}
#211515 - 06/20/10 10:19 PM Re: New guy saying "HI"
Nuke Offline
Loc: Ft. Hood, Texas
Welcome laugh
#211516 - 06/24/10 11:40 AM Re: New guy saying "HI"
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
The GXP is already loaded with most of the goodies, drilled rotors, bilstein struts, good springs and a lightweight set of alcoa wheels.

You can get a K&N or other intake, maybe a hi-flow cat (Magnaflow makes good one...possibly even one made into a bolt-in downpipe)

Magnaflow and others also make good hi-flow mufflers but the Summit Fully Welded muffler is a hi-flow bargain.

i'm not sure if anyone offers a PCM for the car or maybe you can get a capable tech to re-tune your present PCM. Just keep in mind that the FWD trans is your weak link. 323 ft/lbs stock is already taxing the limits of the trans so be a little ginger on the hot starts.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com

Moderator:  AustinGTP, Marc Harbison, Redshift