Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#211531 - 01/08/07 05:28 PM '06 GXP - 2 problems
rynop Offline
Loc: Rochester, MN
I love my '06 GXP but I am running into 2 problems and wondering if anyone else has noticed these as well.

1) When I first start my car and back down my slanted driveway and apply the brakes I hear a sound in the rear breaks like anti lock is kicking in. This only happens when im 1st driving my car. Anyone else notice this?

2) When starting my car after it has been off for a while (a few hours or more) I hear a clicking noise in the engine. Problem is louder when its cold out (30deg F and below i really notice). The dealer shop says that is normal for new GM cars, but it does not sound normal at all. ANyone else experience this?

Also - does anyone know where i can get accessories for the GXP? i want to replace the headrests as I hate how far back they are...
#211532 - 01/08/07 06:38 PM Re: '06 GXP - 2 problems
jjcom Offline
Loc: USA
Clicking noise...mmm...well, it might just be a bit of valve noise, probably not anything serious. Lasts maybe a min? If it's loud though, that would be problem.

A bit of noise first time using the breaks for awhile. If you had rain, went through a puddle, etc then it could just be a bit of rust on the rotars. When ever it rains and my cars out I get some noise. Do you use your parking brake? Perhaps it's not releasing fully and making some noise.
#211533 - 01/09/07 09:30 AM Re: '06 GXP - 2 problems
rynop Offline
Loc: Rochester, MN
yea the clicking noise starts pretty loud and fades away after about 30 seconds...

I never use my parking bake - maybe I should just to "set" the rear brakes??
#211534 - 01/09/07 05:40 PM Re: '06 GXP - 2 problems
jjcom Offline
Loc: USA
After 30 seconds...sounds like you've got some valve noise. Probably not a problem. Are you running 5W-30 or 10W-30?

Brake thing...mmm...does the pedal vibrate or do anything strange while is happening? If you have a warm day, it wouldn't hurt to try your parking brake, unless something is already broke/well worn.

Moderator:  AustinGTP, Marc Harbison, Redshift