Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#214001 - 05/31/11 05:42 PM Halo Light question
PyroGraphix Offline
Loc: Nasty 'Nati
Need help in deciding which halos/angels too buy...
Which are better than others and which ones should I stay away from?
Headlights on it now are stock... which are cloudy and yellow, looking too upgrade/replace
Thanks for the help... Just joined and this is my first post.

I have owned my GP GT for 11 years... bought it new in 2000.
Love the car.
#214002 - 05/31/11 06:20 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: PyroGraphix]
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Welcome.

I can't help you but if you get it's either Mothers or Meguires headlight resto kit with the ball it works pretty good at cleaning up the stockers.
#214003 - 05/31/11 06:31 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: HercMan(Rob)]
PyroGraphix Offline
Yeah... I have considered that... would like too upgrade the lights for the "WOW" factor. grin
Dont believe I have seen any GP with halos in my neck of the woods.
Thanks for looking out though.
#214006 - 05/31/11 07:02 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: PyroGraphix]
Richard Candelario Offline
The only manufacturer that's worth a darn is Sonar. They offer projectors with halos in both chrome and black. Also, they offer projector headlights with CCFL halos in both chrome and black. The current price through their US distributer is just over $200 a set for the CCFLs. The distributer is in Cali and goes by the name Spyder. They do sell direct from the distributer. I called them about a month to a month-and-a-half ago. I now have the black-housing projectors and am REALLY wanting to go with the CCFL projectors so that the halos have a better chance of being seen during the day. Also consider LED or Altezza tails.

Welcome to the site!

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214013 - 05/31/11 08:20 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: PyroGraphix]
Jake 1194 Offline
Loc: North Dakota
hey richard about those tails are there any others then those LEDs i liked the smoked once most but are there anyother that look more like stock
#214017 - 05/31/11 08:40 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: Jake 1194]
PyroGraphix Offline
I guess there is no way of knowing the difference between LED or CCFL by looking at the pictures shown on ebay auction?
Some dont list if they are CCFL or LED's.

I would assume that the LED are not bright enough too be seen during the day?

Thanks again for the time.
#214018 - 05/31/11 08:58 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: PyroGraphix]
PyroGraphix Offline
These are the ones being questioned....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-97-02...sQ5fAccessories

Really like the look of them. Also like the fact they come with HID bulbs and ballest. Your thoughts?
They will going on a silver GP.
#214019 - 05/31/11 09:27 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: PyroGraphix]
Jake 1194 Offline
did you look at the black ones i know there are some with a black inside
like these? http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=1193&catid=101 and does anyone have a pic with these headlights in i want to see the look of them cause before i do heavy performance i want heads and maybe tails

Edited by Jake 1194 (05/31/11 09:41 PM)
#214021 - 05/31/11 09:41 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: Jake 1194]
PyroGraphix Offline
Originally Posted By: Jake 1194
did you look at the black ones i know there are some with a black inside

I did... will be up too the wife on which she likes better... I personally like the chrome.
We do have the windows tinted at 80%... may look nice with the black.

Edited by PyroGraphix (05/31/11 09:41 PM)
#214022 - 05/31/11 09:42 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: PyroGraphix]
Jake 1194 Offline
if you have a darker accent to the silver with the tint id say go for it but its all up to you
#214023 - 05/31/11 09:53 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: Jake 1194]
Originally Posted By: Jake 1194
hey richard about those tails are there any others then those LEDs i liked the smoked once most but are there anyother that look more like stock

Please, call me Rick. As for the tails: I did find black housing, smoked lenses, chrome housing, and a few styles of Altezzas, but I'm not sure if all those options were on Spyder's website or not. I have the memory of a goldfish and found everything I wanted for both cars on one site, so I can't remember where I found what, but it's all out there.

Originally Posted By: PyroGraphix
I guess there is no way of knowing the difference between LED or CCFL by looking at the pictures shown on ebay auction?
Some dont list if they are CCFL or LED's.

I would assume that the LED are not bright enough too be seen during the day?

To be honest: you gotta trust that they're selling you what you're looking at. Otherwise, yeah, ccfl are MUCH brighter than LED halos.

Originally Posted By: PyroGraphix
These are the ones being questioned....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-97-02...sQ5fAccessories

Really like the look of them. Also like the fact they come with HID bulbs and ballest. Your thoughts?
They will going on a silver GP.

I really don't care for em, but if that's what you want, I can't tell you how to spend your money. They seem to be a good buy, though.

This is the link to Spyder Auto. They're the folks who're gonna get my money for both cars when I can get to it.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214028 - 05/31/11 10:17 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: Richard Candelario]
PyroGraphix Offline
[/quote] This is the link to Spyder Auto. They're the folks who're gonna get my money for both cars when I can get to it. [/quote]

And why can't I find prices on these lights?
Would I be alright using the halogen bulbs that come with the headlights from Spyder?

I know these may be silly questions... but thought I would ask... mainly buying them for the wife that has a hard time seeing/driving at night.
I would suppose anything would be better than the cloudy lenses we have on the car now.
#214029 - 05/31/11 10:27 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: PyroGraphix]
the prices are available, iirc, when you put the items in the cart or when you call. I got mine when I called. I spoke to a dude named Peter. Real cool dude.

As for lamp selection: I'm using H1 bulbs for the low beams and regular 9007 high beams right now. No worries if you don't use HIDs. No worries if you use HIDs with no ballast, fwik.

The very reasons that you're looking at the lights are the same ones I had when I bought my lights. The wife is a freakin BAT at night!

Don't ever apologize for asking questions. The difference between stupid/silly and untrained is, for the VAST majority of situations, when the stupid/silly person is too dumb to ask a question. That is, after all, the reason these sites are around. LOL, that and if there's ANYONE on this site that can be accused of being stupid, it's me! LOL

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214039 - 06/01/11 12:45 AM Re: Halo Light question [Re: PyroGraphix]
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Ive got Spyder Autos black halo projectors on my ride. A few comments:

-Light output without HIDs is almost identical to stock. Not great.
-Mine were fine but I just noticed after almost a year one is getting moisture in it, gonna have to reseal that puppy.
-They aim somewhat cross-eyed like /\ and they intersect. It can be annoying but not much you can do.
-They bounce. There's suggestions/mods for lessening this or eliminating it. I haven't tried fixing it yet, but I need to, cause like the intersecting light pattern its annoying.

Overall though, they're well made and look awesome. They are better than the other brands from everything I read. I'm content for what I paid.
#214058 - 06/01/11 04:16 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: RooK]
PyroGraphix Offline
I called Peter at spyder today for prices.... but, worried on the time they last, light bounce and the cross eyed effect....

The cross eyed effect cannot be fix/adjusted?

Confused on what to do... i want them too perform as good as they look.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >