Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#214061 - 06/01/11 06:07 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: PyroGraphix]
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
From what I understand to fix the cross eyed lights you have to adjust the housings and then the projectors look akward because they don't line up with the car. They end up with an ugly looking angle. The bounce is fixable fairly easy from what I understand.

It's issues like those that keep me from doing something different.

Edited by HercMan(Rob) (06/01/11 06:08 PM)
#214065 - 06/01/11 08:41 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: PyroGraphix]
Richard Candelario Offline
I went to Home Depot and bought some black vinyl tubing, cut it to size around my lights, and called it good. It's been working GREAT so far.

Me and my wife LOVE the output of the projectors, I don't have that much of an intersecting issue, and Kevin and Kristin Jensen did a pretty good job of sealing these things. My worry is what Peter from Spyder told me: that the plastic Sonar uses is pretty much crap. The mounting points are KNOWN to break after about a year of use. That's about where I am now: the passenger side outboard mounting point is being held in place with a zip-tie. He told me to use an OE bracket. Yeahhhhh...that worked HORRIBLY.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214075 - 06/01/11 10:21 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: Richard Candelario]
PyroGraphix Offline
Loc: Nasty 'Nati
These are the ones I bought.
Halo Headlights
I did extensive homework on the projectors out on the market... Think these will work just fine.
I also liked the spyders, but they had a lot of complaints. the only thing they had going for them was the CCFL halos, which were cheaper than any other brand. These I bought got very good ratings from another GP forum.

I will keep you all posted on their arrival of these, before and after pics also.
Went with the black... think they should look pretty nice.

Edited by PyroGraphix (06/01/11 10:23 PM)
Edit Reason: Forgot the link
#214079 - 06/02/11 02:44 AM Re: Halo Light question [Re: PyroGraphix]
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
There was a forum that went down the pros and cons of every projector available (3 different kinds when I bought mine). Spyder was hands down best for execution of design, let alone they look awesome.

Good luck with them though. All that matters is you're happy.
#214102 - 06/02/11 06:16 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: RooK]
PyroGraphix Offline
I like the spyders... but the issue with the cross eyed light pattern was a big issue, let alone the light bounce.
They said the light pattern can be fixed... but the projector kinda come out of the housing when they are fixed and look funny. I dunno....
These I bought got better ratings.
#214103 - 06/02/11 06:28 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: PyroGraphix]
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Be sure to disable the headlight flash when the doors lock and unlock. Otherwise you'll burn up your ballasts.

Those look decent. Just not sure how the black background would look with the MGB paint.
#214104 - 06/02/11 07:15 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: HercMan(Rob)]
PyroGraphix Offline
Would like to make just the halos and led strip blink when are locked and unlocked.

Thanks again for looking out. smile

You know they do come in chrome buckets, eh?

Edited by PyroGraphix (06/02/11 07:22 PM)
#214110 - 06/02/11 09:43 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: PyroGraphix]
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Hmmmm.

Look forward to your review then.
#214305 - 06/10/11 06:31 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: HercMan(Rob)]
PyroGraphix Offline
Light buckets are in... they look awesome. Not too mention they are bright as s**t! I love em
Need to get the HID 3000k fogs in... then pics and review.
#214309 - 06/10/11 08:02 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: PyroGraphix]
pics or it didn't happen! LOL

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214311 - 06/10/11 08:32 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: Richard Candelario]
PyroGraphix Offline
OHHHHHH It happened. Hahhahahahaha

[img:center]http://[/img]
#214312 - 06/10/11 09:19 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: PyroGraphix]
can you get a shot from further back and without the fogs? Me and my wife are talking about these lights. We're torn between Sonar and these. What was the install like? Did the plastic brackets look weak or flawed like Sonar's brackets are? Were you advised to seal the housings, like Sonar does? How about a shot of the halos during the day? Can these halos actually be seen by day?

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214315 - 06/11/11 03:08 AM Re: Halo Light question [Re: PyroGraphix]
The Guz Offline
Loc: Lawndale, CA
I have had the spyders and they are a good projector. The light output is much better than the stockers even with the beam crossing. There are plenty of fixes for the bouncing. Plus they use an better bulb an H1 in comparison to the one's that were purchased which use an H3 bulb. H3 bulbs are used in foglight applications. There are no replacement brackets for wither projector. They tend to break when people over crank on them to think that it solves the bouncing issue. The plastic on the spyders will turn yellow within a year. Happened to the first set I had which spyder auto replaced under warranty. In the end I went back to the stock lights which still look better than the projectors. The projectors have many gaps alinment gaps between the bumper.
#214319 - 06/11/11 02:43 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: PyroGraphix]
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
I'll dispute the 1yr/yellow thing. My car sits outside and I've had my Spyders for over a year. They look brand new still.

I need to take pics when I'm not being lazy.
#214363 - 06/13/11 10:39 PM Re: Halo Light question [Re: Richard Candelario]
PyroGraphix Offline
Originally Posted By: Richard Candelario
can you get a shot from further back and without the fogs? Me and my wife are talking about these lights. We're torn between Sonar and these. What was the install like? Did the plastic brackets look weak or flawed like Sonar's brackets are? Were you advised to seal the housings, like Sonar does? How about a shot of the halos during the day? Can these halos actually be seen by day?

Didnt for get about you.... just havent had the time too take more pics (or a review)... I will try to hook you up tomorrow after work.
I love them though...

As for the brackets being weak... maybe a little, not as beefy as the stockers fo shizzle. Light bounce? yes a little... I will fix it with the weather stripping mod
Reseal... naw... the are sealed good.
Pics for you tomorrow.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >