Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#214158 - 06/05/11 06:50 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
It amazes me how people I've met that own GPs and love them but fail to join a great board like this. I admit I havent been around much since I bought the Bonne, and I do think a combination of the site redux plus the killing off of Pontiac are major factors in the traffic decline.

I still wear my GPnet t-shirt quite often, and I get questions about it regularly, but I dont know if that generates any members. I've told my son to sign up many times since I know most everyone would recognize the car, but I dont think his interest level is that high yet. I assume he still simply relies on me for all his questions.

My wife and I are trying to plan a spring trip next year to Grand Canyon, and I want to swing thru the Dallas-FtWorth area to see the new Cowboy stadium, but I'd love to try and arrange a mini-meet for one day while in the area and get the gang together if possible.

I seem to remember Chico mentioning something once before about battling a condition, and having to return home to Canada. I guess a combo of high cost and treatment made it a smart move to go back to a place where he can get the care he needs. I hate to think the worst, but I wish there was some way to check in on him somehow.

I've accummalated a bevy of parts for the Bonne but have yet to get any of them installed, but that will be changing soon and I'll be sure to post some pics here as she comes along.

Who knows guys, maybe someday soon they'll be calling the GP a collector's item, then we'll get a whole new breed of owner chiming in here. I think about that when I went for the Bonne instead of the GP GXP, but thats done now. Better price and the 3800 engine reeled me in smile

Edited by ThunderBat (06/05/11 06:51 AM)

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#214160 - 06/05/11 10:23 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Well if you make it through the DFW are LET ME KNOW!!!! I'll fire up the smoker and we'll break some bread.
#214184 - 06/06/11 04:10 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
Richard Candelario Offline
if so, try to snake through the Nashville area, Tim. You got Don in Nashville, me an hour NW of Nashville, and Rook about, what?, 3 hours north of Nashville? If you and your better half would like a place to cool your heels, lemme know. Yall are welcome here.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214187 - 06/06/11 05:01 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Rick, I was in Nashville at the end of April. That place was a freakin blast.
#214190 - 06/06/11 07:36 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
dude, you kiddin me? w.t.F! As sure as I am that you didn't have either of your sleds, it woulda been great to hang out for a lil while! lol; you, sir, are bound to get the same Christmas card that you got from me last year just for that infraction! LOL

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214197 - 06/07/11 11:23 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
Originally Posted By: Richard Candelario
dude, you kiddin me? w.t.F! As sure as I am that you didn't have either of your sleds, it woulda been great to hang out for a lil while! lol; you, sir, are bound to get the same Christmas card that you got from me last year just for that infraction! LOL
I was just at Ft. Campbell last week installing some equipment at Campbell and Sabre Towers. its been a while since i logged on to the site. but i now have an 06 GP that im going to start modding if i can find some parts. it seems that the aftermarket decided that they didn't like the 04+ non-supercharged engine.

#214202 - 06/07/11 01:47 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I guess a three year run wasn't long enough. Throw in the fact it essentially became the 3100 of GPs for the last three years.
#214209 - 06/07/11 06:57 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: jeremy]
Originally Posted By: jeremy
Originally Posted By: Richard Candelario
I was just at Ft. Campbell last week installing some equipment at Campbell and Sabre Towers. its been a while since i logged on to the site. but i now have an 06 GP that im going to start modding if i can find some parts. it seems that the aftermarket decided that they didn't like the 04+ non-supercharged engine.

So, uh, from Campbell Tower, you were able to see my hangar. Chances are you saw my GP in the parking lot. At the end of that road, it turns right and heads to the taxi-way, right? After that taxi-way that was gated shut, I was the second hangar in. You, sir, are also on the same Christmas card list as Corey. lol, jk.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214212 - 06/07/11 09:26 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
lol no one cares about your darn gp gt.....just sayin.

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#214214 - 06/07/11 11:21 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
It's ok, everyone cares about my gp se the least. :P
#214216 - 06/08/11 10:29 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Hi,

Nice to hear from you guys, hope Chico is ok.
I use to get here everyday when I had my GP, remember? my tranny drove me crazy but still loved that car. I saw mi GP a few months ago, it was like crap, this guy who bought it really don't care, the first day he drove it he spread a glas of Scotch in the pass seat and burn the seat with a cigarette, imagine that, we were making the deal...:(

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------
#214241 - 06/08/11 08:39 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
dude, Rook, if there's EVER an SE that garnered attention, and was actually deserving of it, it would HAFTA be THE Panther. YOUR Panther. The myth, the legend, the panther.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214256 - 06/08/11 09:40 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
Just checking in...

Life has really changed for me. I still have a job, which is probably the only good news in my life at this point.

I lost my father to stage 4 cancer almost a 1 1/2 months ago. Most of the story can be found here: http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-chatter-box/169074-prayers-my-father-now-he-heaven.html

So life has really changed directions for me as now I almost feel all alone by losing my best friend.

I'm still driving my Chevy Silvy and it will be 2 years this July that i've had it. Still drives good and no major repairs to speak as of yet, knock on wood. I sold the GTP in the fall time to a guy down the road. I still see it from time to time and have mixed emotions about it. It was a great first car to me and if they brought back Pontiac, i'd really look into buying something new.

Well, I think that's all I have for now.

#214264 - 06/08/11 10:27 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
ouch, man. Glad to see you out and kickin! Thank you for checkin in.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214307 - 06/10/11 06:47 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
I check in here a few times a week, but after we had our second child, any hopes I had of modding went away. Since I can't mod, and my car is still in good shape (knock on wood) there isn't much to comment on.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >