Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#214009 - 05/31/11 07:12 PM Missing old-timers
Richard Candelario Offline
Hey, yall happen to know what ever happened to Brad aka 2Fast4U? Last I heard he was in a WILD build on his lil red rocket, but then he dropped off the face of the earth. Who else have we not seen in a while?

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214036 - 06/01/11 12:38 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
chico, pink panther, lonezerg, the list goes on and on. this place really dropped off. its actually sad to see how active this board used to be and how dead it is now. It wasnt even a casual drop off, it just went from super active, to super dead. I think it all had to do with the site crashing for that little bit of time... confused

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#214041 - 06/01/11 12:54 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
SlickGTP Offline
Loc: Houston, TX
A lot of factors probably played into it... As for me I stop in every once in awhile, but life has gotten a bit busy and I don't have the GP anymore.

Kinda sorta, yeah, no?

'02 Black GTP - RIP 03/03/08 ||| '06 Black G35 MT6 - Stock ||| '73 Chevy half ton(resurrected)
#214043 - 06/01/11 04:54 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
This place has changed a lot since i first joined. Everyone was super active then, now its just dead. Only a few of the old people still around. LOTS of new names i notice around. Don't know 90% of them.
#214046 - 06/01/11 09:00 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Chico went back to canada for health reasons wonder if he's ok? Alex from Mexico iirc had a fallout with his wife and haven't heard from him since. Zerg I thought either killed his car or sold it can't remember which bought a new one and moved on. Yes the site did really fall off on traffic but it seams like every day I log on now there is a new member with a question.

But for the most part most moved on to other cars and just moved on.

There's just so many other forums out there we really don't offer anything special other then a civil atmoshpere.
#214048 - 06/01/11 10:02 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
'01 GT Offline
i thought chico said that he was going to canada just for the summer? Lonezerg blew up his car and parted it out, still sad though. I frequent the board, but i dont really know any of the new people anymore. Its definitely not like it used to be. frown

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
#214049 - 06/01/11 10:08 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
I've just been super busy with work and life. Most the time I drive my '10 Malibu that replaced my Stratus. But I've still got the Panther, it's still running, and it's still not complete. It is one color though, no mismatched bumpers and stuff lol.
#214050 - 06/01/11 10:22 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
I saw 2Fast4U's car (I take that he is from Michigan right?) at Pontiac National last year in August when he was race. I'm not sure if he will doing that again this August.
#214052 - 06/01/11 12:02 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
gazV6UK Offline
Loc: Canvey Island, UK
I still check in from time to time...
#214053 - 06/01/11 12:55 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Hey Gaz out of curiosity what kind of taxes do you have to pay to be able to drive that fine piece of American machinery over there? I know the UK and other European countries have some strange taxes based on engine size etc.
#214060 - 06/01/11 05:23 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
gazV6UK Offline
Loc: Canvey Island, UK
Yank cars are somewhat cheaper to run over here than some of the Euro crap. Road tax is £205 per year, but my Pontiac is cheaper to insure than my wife's Ford Focus 1.8. Government stitches us up by charging us a high tax on fuel; my local garage sells unleaded for £1.34 per litre, or about $2.20 your money!
Spares are a darn sight cheaper too, but of course I get hammered on postage!
#214062 - 06/01/11 06:49 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
'01 GT Offline
haha wow, its good to see a bunch of the "veteran" crowd show up for a nice family reunion!

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
#214064 - 06/01/11 08:03 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Most of the new members are people looking for how to fix their Grand Prix's that are starting to fall apart.

Just about everything has been done now, from 800 whp to 14" brakes to body kits and everything in between. Not really anything 'new' to post up and not too many people still building motors.

I am one of the dumb ones who are still going at it and even though I haven't had much to report, it isn't really anything new. I post lots of pics of the stuff I do, but like I said, it's been seen before.

New cars, new platforms, getting older, can't stick around forever.
#214068 - 06/01/11 09:03 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
Thanks, Palsut. I was wondering what Brad was up to. Glad to see him still blasting off in his lil red rocket. Chico...that's a surprise. Was that in the year I was deployed or something? I saw nothing of that. I had no idea he went home at all. I remember Alex sold his GP for a Solstice so him and his wife would be able to enjoy the tight twisties that Mexico has to offer. I remember when Zerg decided to bow out, too. Gaz, thanks for checkin in!

LOL, make no mistake about it: Slick may have bowed out of his GP years back, but that means nothing. He gets asked SO many L36 questions he might as well own a GP and Camaro himself! LOL.

Hey, John: In this public forum, I wanted to thank you for always being there over these many years and with all of my retardation and horrific memory. Without you, I bet I'd either be FLAT broke or out of these two amazing machines. Thanks, bro. You've been a great help and friend.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214074 - 06/01/11 10:17 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
'01 GT Offline
randall, my friend is building a gp strictly for track. if i can get pics one of these days i will post up about it. but hes got a cage, fuel cell, mp112, xpz, stage 4 heads, zzp headers, meth, 80# inj, northstar with lq4, intercooler, pretty much everything has been customized on his Daytona caged car. hes gotta be right around 2900lbs if not lower. it should be up and running within the coming month. smile i cant wait to see this thing move, shes definitely gonna scoot!

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
#214158 - 06/05/11 06:50 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
It amazes me how people I've met that own GPs and love them but fail to join a great board like this. I admit I havent been around much since I bought the Bonne, and I do think a combination of the site redux plus the killing off of Pontiac are major factors in the traffic decline.

I still wear my GPnet t-shirt quite often, and I get questions about it regularly, but I dont know if that generates any members. I've told my son to sign up many times since I know most everyone would recognize the car, but I dont think his interest level is that high yet. I assume he still simply relies on me for all his questions.

My wife and I are trying to plan a spring trip next year to Grand Canyon, and I want to swing thru the Dallas-FtWorth area to see the new Cowboy stadium, but I'd love to try and arrange a mini-meet for one day while in the area and get the gang together if possible.

I seem to remember Chico mentioning something once before about battling a condition, and having to return home to Canada. I guess a combo of high cost and treatment made it a smart move to go back to a place where he can get the care he needs. I hate to think the worst, but I wish there was some way to check in on him somehow.

I've accummalated a bevy of parts for the Bonne but have yet to get any of them installed, but that will be changing soon and I'll be sure to post some pics here as she comes along.

Who knows guys, maybe someday soon they'll be calling the GP a collector's item, then we'll get a whole new breed of owner chiming in here. I think about that when I went for the Bonne instead of the GP GXP, but thats done now. Better price and the 3800 engine reeled me in smile

Edited by ThunderBat (06/05/11 06:51 AM)

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#214160 - 06/05/11 10:23 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Well if you make it through the DFW are LET ME KNOW!!!! I'll fire up the smoker and we'll break some bread.
#214184 - 06/06/11 04:10 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
if so, try to snake through the Nashville area, Tim. You got Don in Nashville, me an hour NW of Nashville, and Rook about, what?, 3 hours north of Nashville? If you and your better half would like a place to cool your heels, lemme know. Yall are welcome here.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214187 - 06/06/11 05:01 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Rick, I was in Nashville at the end of April. That place was a freakin blast.
#214190 - 06/06/11 07:36 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
dude, you kiddin me? w.t.F! As sure as I am that you didn't have either of your sleds, it woulda been great to hang out for a lil while! lol; you, sir, are bound to get the same Christmas card that you got from me last year just for that infraction! LOL

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214197 - 06/07/11 11:23 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
Originally Posted By: Richard Candelario
dude, you kiddin me? w.t.F! As sure as I am that you didn't have either of your sleds, it woulda been great to hang out for a lil while! lol; you, sir, are bound to get the same Christmas card that you got from me last year just for that infraction! LOL
I was just at Ft. Campbell last week installing some equipment at Campbell and Sabre Towers. its been a while since i logged on to the site. but i now have an 06 GP that im going to start modding if i can find some parts. it seems that the aftermarket decided that they didn't like the 04+ non-supercharged engine.

#214202 - 06/07/11 01:47 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
HercMan(Rob) Offline
I guess a three year run wasn't long enough. Throw in the fact it essentially became the 3100 of GPs for the last three years.
#214209 - 06/07/11 06:57 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: jeremy]
Originally Posted By: jeremy
I was just at Ft. Campbell last week installing some equipment at Campbell and Sabre Towers. its been a while since i logged on to the site. but i now have an 06 GP that im going to start modding if i can find some parts. it seems that the aftermarket decided that they didn't like the 04+ non-supercharged engine.

So, uh, from Campbell Tower, you were able to see my hangar. Chances are you saw my GP in the parking lot. At the end of that road, it turns right and heads to the taxi-way, right? After that taxi-way that was gated shut, I was the second hangar in. You, sir, are also on the same Christmas card list as Corey. lol, jk.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214212 - 06/07/11 09:26 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
'01 GT Offline
lol no one cares about your darn gp gt.....just sayin.

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
#214214 - 06/07/11 11:21 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
RooK Offline
It's ok, everyone cares about my gp se the least. :P
#214216 - 06/08/11 10:29 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Hi,

Nice to hear from you guys, hope Chico is ok.
I use to get here everyday when I had my GP, remember? my tranny drove me crazy but still loved that car. I saw mi GP a few months ago, it was like crap, this guy who bought it really don't care, the first day he drove it he spread a glas of Scotch in the pass seat and burn the seat with a cigarette, imagine that, we were making the deal...:(

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------
#214241 - 06/08/11 08:39 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
dude, Rook, if there's EVER an SE that garnered attention, and was actually deserving of it, it would HAFTA be THE Panther. YOUR Panther. The myth, the legend, the panther.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214256 - 06/08/11 09:40 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
Just checking in...

Life has really changed for me. I still have a job, which is probably the only good news in my life at this point.

I lost my father to stage 4 cancer almost a 1 1/2 months ago. Most of the story can be found here: http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-chatter-box/169074-prayers-my-father-now-he-heaven.html

So life has really changed directions for me as now I almost feel all alone by losing my best friend.

I'm still driving my Chevy Silvy and it will be 2 years this July that i've had it. Still drives good and no major repairs to speak as of yet, knock on wood. I sold the GTP in the fall time to a guy down the road. I still see it from time to time and have mixed emotions about it. It was a great first car to me and if they brought back Pontiac, i'd really look into buying something new.

Well, I think that's all I have for now.

#214264 - 06/08/11 10:27 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
ouch, man. Glad to see you out and kickin! Thank you for checkin in.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214307 - 06/10/11 06:47 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
I check in here a few times a week, but after we had our second child, any hopes I had of modding went away. Since I can't mod, and my car is still in good shape (knock on wood) there isn't much to comment on.
#214310 - 06/10/11 08:05 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
lol, yeah, kids and such have REALLY stalled my progress on the GP, but at least I am THIS close to being done! Glad to see things are well with ya!

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214314 - 06/11/11 03:01 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
My next mods are to fix a nasty header leak and then I bought a set of aluminum valve cover gasket off a local club member. Once those are in place I hope to get a tuner and learn to tune. But that's probably not till next summer.
#214316 - 06/11/11 10:15 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
Thanks for reminding me: I gotta get with a local computer shop and see about using their soldering station to make the serial connector for my wideband...

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214324 - 06/12/11 01:44 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
ThunderBat Offline
I've got a pile of parts in the garage waiting to go on the Bonnie, just gotta get the time (and the weather) to get it done.

Its good to see so many are still lurking in here from time to time...dont be bashful guys, just cuz we aint modding dont me we wouldnt like to see you chime in.

And YOU Sir Rook, still owe everybody here some pics of the fully painted Panther we have yet to see! The last shot you had in your sig with the polished torque stars and green bumpers promised great things...waiting...just sayin'?? Or am I off base is assuming the paint is finished? I seem to remember reading that it was in the shop for paint. My bad if I'm wrong.

#214327 - 06/12/11 03:36 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
LOL, git im, Tim! LOL

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214352 - 06/13/11 06:45 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
RooK Offline
Oh, it's painted. But it's getting ready to go up on jack stands. Blew a brake line last night and had to limp it home. Now I've got to find where it blew and replace it. I hate working on rusty brake lines...

I'm also wanting to add some finishing touches, like grills (yeah still haven't installed any!), paint some minor things, and needs exhaust tips... etc. I'm waiting on funds to finish things slowly. Badly broke atm... women. grin
#214400 - 06/18/11 01:33 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: RooK]
ThunderBat Offline
Why do you think the car is breaking? She's jealous of the women! LOL
I have to tread lightly in that area...I have TWO mistresses in the driveway!

#214503 - 06/23/11 10:05 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
andrew383 Offline
Loc: so. indiana
I still stop in from time to time smile

03 slp-fwi-udp-gmpp-aeroforce
#214509 - 06/24/11 01:09 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Been a while for me.... Lotsa new names, good to see some familiar ones.
Still got the GTP, still racin'. Couple mods done since last here, but nothing big.
I kinda went into the shadows when I started running out of answers wink. Still active on my local sites but the national sites went on my back burner.

http://pdxcgp.com
#214513 - 06/24/11 01:22 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
Thanks for stoppin in, fellas. Hey, Crimpton, I'm still running that rim you sold me these many years ago. It looks so awesome to see a matching set of 5 rims on/in my car, man. Thanks!

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214525 - 06/24/11 07:16 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
ordonez1307 Offline
I don't really have anything productive to say anymore, everything has been answered. So I guess I just pop into threads to troll. wink
#214527 - 06/24/11 08:12 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: ordonez1307]
ThunderBat Offline
but what about updates on your insanely large turbo?

#214530 - 06/24/11 08:53 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
or with guidance on a bone-stock L67 huffing gas?

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214550 - 06/26/11 04:39 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: ThunderBat]
ordonez1307 Offline
Originally Posted By: ThunderBat

Who knows, man. I would love to update more than anyone. It just isn't really something I'm motivated to work on... at all. Plus, my senior year of college is kicking my butt. Just ready to graduate... and then go to school again. lol.
#214564 - 06/27/11 09:51 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: ordonez1307]
ChrisGT Offline
Loc: Cranston, RI
Originally Posted By: ordonez1307

Who knows, man. I would love to update more than anyone. It just isn't really something I'm motivated to work on... at all. Plus, my senior year of college is kicking my butt. Just ready to graduate... and then go to school again. lol.

What's your study? I hear ya on senior year its like party, party, party, for the first 3 then oh fk me lol

P.S. Been there sold that smile

04 GTO M6 | HE SS Clutch | Kooks LT's | SLP LM2 | K&N
Soon: APS TT kit wink

SOLD \/
01 GT | STr5 cam | PT-67 | 18-22psi

#214576 - 06/27/11 09:07 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Hey, Crimpton, I'm still running that rim you sold me these many years ago. It looks so awesome to see a matching set of 5 rims on/in my car, man. Thanks!

I didn't sell you that rim, but I did introduce you to my buddy Dan who did. I'll pass on the good word.... wink

http://pdxcgp.com
#214577 - 06/27/11 09:41 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
word. Thanks for that. LOL, I guess that means I can call you my own personal enabler, huh? LOL

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#214591 - 06/28/11 07:14 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: ChrisGT]
ordonez1307 Offline
Originally Posted By: ChrisGT
Originally Posted By: ordonez1307

What's your study? I hear ya on senior year its like party, party, party, for the first 3 then oh fk me lol

P.S. Been there sold that smile

Civil Engineering.
#214797 - 07/08/11 02:34 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
dont worry im still around! was going 11.80's and popped a diff frown time to rebuild
been working 70 a week and doin school full time
but i dumped one job so im back!

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#214820 - 07/08/11 06:51 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
wow! lookit who just crawled outta the shadows! Welcome back, man. You ever make it back to Germany?

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#215065 - 07/18/11 01:32 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
00grandprixgt Offline
Loc: Wall Lake Iowa
i still lurk everyday::)
im about to drop pullies on the daytona.
ive since move outa home and live in an apartment all my own and feels great. moved to sioux city,iowa

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
soon to come: projectors,exhaust work, 3.4 setup.
#215215 - 07/25/11 11:25 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
SlickGTP Offline
Hey Rick,

You're very welcome... You should mosey on over with TBat when he makes it through. :P

Going on 6 months with this engine build, but I've almost got the heads done. Then we bore the block and wait for the new crank. Can't wait to hear that 454 roar to life again.

Kinda sorta, yeah, no?

'02 Black GTP - RIP 03/03/08 ||| '06 Black G35 MT6 - Stock ||| '73 Chevy half ton(resurrected)
#215225 - 07/26/11 07:38 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
I sure as hell would LOVE to, but cost, timing, and learning this new job they got me in...I sure need to go back to the farm for a visit, though. And when I do that, you can be SURE that we're gonna do what we can to pay you a visit.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#215355 - 08/05/11 12:54 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
BOO!

....I'm still here checking in from time to time.

Rick, sorry I missed your call last weekend. Its been a really busy past couple of months for me!
#215356 - 08/05/11 01:37 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
No worries, Mike. It was gonna be a retarded question, anyway.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#215358 - 08/05/11 03:18 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
SlickGTP Offline
I may make a trip up to the farm if you can't make it down here for the visit... If the truck is running it'd make for a nice drive to stretch her legs a bit. Just as long as it during a drought ridden heat wave like this. She doesn't have A/C at the moment and it might be awhile before I fix it. lol

Kinda sorta, yeah, no?

#215361 - 08/06/11 10:06 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
That would be awesome. There's no doubt in my mind that my in-laws would be willing to allow you on the farm. Then we just might torch off that grill on the back deck for an 8-hour brisket!

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#215503 - 08/24/11 01:57 AM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
Caesar Offline
Loc: Michigan
I'm still here too...just not posting all the time (wait, when did I post all the time?).

Life has been...tough the last two years.
#215504 - 08/24/11 07:03 PM Re: Missing old-timers [Re: Richard Candelario]
LOL, yeah, getting you to post consistently has been a tad bit more difficult than, say, herding cats. Glad to see that you've been able to survive out there, though.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >