Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#21645 - 02/13/08 08:11 AM Re: Going to have the car back soon! And my b-day is Friday!
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
This kind of thing is exactly why I suggest newbies going with the ZZP ss kit it's more or less plug and play and no issues with fuel lines,on another note I have used the line splices for nylon lines and if installed correctly they work great,Autozone used to carry these repair kits but for some reason they were discontinued ,best of luck anyways.Chico(pops)
#21646 - 02/13/08 08:45 AM Re: Going to have the car back soon! And my b-day is Friday!
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
thats why i am going with the ss kit well the main reason is they say that you can do it in a coupple of hours and since this is the only car that i drive i want to make shure i can get it done within a day. then i dont have to take off my heads or anything. but if i wanted to go with P&P heads or upgrade my cam at the same time then i would go with a top swap. but since i dont want to do any of this now thats why i am going with the ss kit .... happy bday and hope you get the car back and working soon
#21647 - 02/13/08 04:38 PM Re: Going to have the car back soon! And my b-day is Friday!
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
Lines arrived at 2pm today.

We asked for SUPERCHARGED GRAND PRIX lines and brake booster line.

Fuel lines have 90* elbows at the rails.

And it's a ******* L36 brake booster line. I payed $15 for that line, $5 of which was overnight shipping so I'd have the car ready to roll today.

So they will put the lines on tomorrow. And I don't know what I'm going to do about my brake booster. I can't find vaccuum hose big enough.

I can't ******* believe they lost that box of parts. It had the master cylinder AND that booster line in it. The only part they DIDN'T lose was the 3-way vac port.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#21648 - 02/13/08 04:48 PM Re: Going to have the car back soon! And my b-day is Friday!
Richard Candelario Offline
wow. sounds like you're goin through the same ordeal I am with the 'Bird. Thats some tough luck, man. Hope it all comes together for ya soon.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#21649 - 02/14/08 11:37 PM Re: Going to have the car back soon! And my b-day is Friday!
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
Well, I got her back...

And on top of the fuel lines I payed $180 needing to have the $10 repair kit installed on, which for some UNGODLY reason, couldn't be installed on lines ALREADY ON THE CAR...

But now I find out I have to pay for ALL 3 TOWS!

One tow to bring my burnt-up car 3 blocks to his shop.

Then TWO MORE TOWS for that COMPLETELY USELESS DONOR CAR! That's right, I, ME, have to pay for TWO TOWS that my mechanic MADE ME DO, for a car I could pull off ONLY, ONLY ONLY ONLY, the top part of the EGR, and a single rubber line for my winshield wiper fluid.

AND these are LONG tows. Like, 25 minute drive each way, TWICE!, that he's making ME pay for, when HE is the one that got the wrong ******* car!

So I think I'm looking at like $600 in towing + $800 in parts and labor + $400 I spent out-of-pocket for the injectors, harness, master cylinder (that he lost), brake booster line (that he lost and I had to pay $15 for a NEW one that ended up being an L36 one anyway, when I could have used my OLD L36 one...) and then a 3-way vac port, which he DIDN'T lose.

cry

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#21650 - 02/14/08 11:57 PM Re: Going to have the car back soon! And my b-day is Friday!
98greenGT Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Just wondering, why are you paying for your mechanic's mistakes? Seems like a lot of that stuff he should be paying for, or at least giving you a discount on.

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
WizAired CAI, Impala 12" Brake Upgrade, ZZP Alternator Rewire and Voltage Booster, Rotated Dogbone Mounts, Kicker KS690 6x9s, JBL GTO427 4s, JBL P652S 6.5s
2001 Ford F150 XLT SuperCab
Stock, LineX, 212K
#21651 - 02/15/08 12:46 AM Re: Going to have the car back soon! And my b-day is Friday!
soulonfire11 Offline
Loc: Chicago
Well on the positive side...you got your car back. I wouldnt pay for mechanic mistakes. Thats complete BS. You definitely shouldnt pay for the lost parts. id b**ch him out for that and never go to that mechanic again
#21652 - 02/15/08 12:55 AM Re: Going to have the car back soon! And my b-day is Friday!
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
Did he at least kiss you first? and fyi the repair kit for lines can be used when the lines are on the car the lines need to be soaked in hot water for 10 min before installing the repair piece,so I use a hard plastic cup with a hole in the side hold at an angle with a zip tie then simply force the tue end in the line,your mechanic sounds like he went to a special school and there track team competes in the special olympics.Chico(pops)