Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#216278 - 10/08/11 02:43 AM Gauge Color - Changable???
Heavy D The Ogre Offline
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Ok I was wondering is there a way to change the color of the gauges when the lights are on - red - dont like too much.

And buying a different gauge face seems to light the same red color - i would love white or ??

Any ideas??????????

Thanx
#216279 - 10/08/11 04:05 AM Re: Gauge Color - Changable??? [Re: Heavy D The Ogre]
gazV6UK Offline
Loc: Canvey Island, UK
Have seen it done on one of the forums but can't remember where. The bulbs were changed for colored LEDs. They changed all the red for blue, which would look good with your white/blue theme on your car. All of the red was changed on the interior; gearchange, door switches, etc. Looked a bit involved unless you're good with electrics, but overall effect was good.

Edited by gazV6UK (10/08/11 04:05 AM)
#216280 - 10/08/11 08:56 AM Re: Gauge Color - Changable??? [Re: Heavy D The Ogre]
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
The pics are gone now, but here's the thread: CLUSTER IN! My LED Conversion Thread
#216283 - 10/08/11 01:58 PM Re: Gauge Color - Changable??? [Re: Heavy D The Ogre]
Heavy D The Ogre Offline
Ok according to that tread there is a red film on thr back of the gauges and other lighted switches, so that will be first to check.

I have done blue led's in a saturn i had a few years ago.

My thread - http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134765

But if I go blue lights, then i need to rethink my Stainless Dash Gauge Bezel Trim and dash colors.
#216287 - 10/08/11 05:45 PM Re: Gauge Color - Changable??? [Re: Heavy D The Ogre]
Heavy D The Ogre Offline
Ok went and took out the dash front, gauge cluster, info center, counsol cover. Less that 10 min to take all off - first pic.

And took out the PRND321 out of the shifter, and found that if you scrap off the lettering from the back, the red goes away - but u need paitents cause u dont wanna cratch of more cause the light goes right through - have to fix the "P" but took pic of "R" to show it works - and changes to clear or white.

#216299 - 10/09/11 12:31 AM Re: Gauge Color - Changable??? [Re: Heavy D The Ogre]
Heavy D The Ogre Offline
Ok can change the light color on the PRD321, and info center, but would be way to hard to change the cluster light, since it break.
#216302 - 10/09/11 01:27 PM Re: Gauge Color - Changable??? [Re: Heavy D The Ogre]
Heavy D The Ogre Offline
so if anybody is looking to change their gauges, i found a cheap - somewhat easy way to do it.

I would buy it, but does not in Canadian version

Ebay

Edited by Heavy D The Ogre (10/09/11 01:29 PM)
Edit Reason: add