Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#216468 - 10/23/11 07:00 AM Should got another GP
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Dont get me wrong, I do still love my Bonnie, but I just have to vent a little. These guys over at Bonneville Club remind me a little of ClubGP. It kind of like a "follow the leader" thing. There are several moderators who are extremely intelligent guys, but if you mod your car in nay way that they dont recommend, then the ridicule starts about you are ignoring their advice.

Case in point, I started my project of replacing upper/ lower intake gaskets and I posted a pic of the parts I have prepped for install. I painted my valve covers and UIM, and I purchased a ZZ airbox. The comments I got simply painting things are just unreal and they shun anything but an Intense FWI.

I already got the whole "shouldnt have used drilled/slotted rotors" routine and now this is getting old.

You join a board for group advice and pointers on project work to make things go smoother. Differences of opinion are expected, but that no sense not to offer advice on getting the work accomplished.

I gained a lot of knowledge during my time here and I took very little flak in the process. This was my most successful board experience bar none, and I thank you guys for that.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#216488 - 10/23/11 10:04 PM Re: Should got another GP [Re: ThunderBat]
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
lol its funny that they are that way about intakes considering the fact that its the same engine and intake setup as any other gm 3800 vehicle. i would just stop posting over there if it were up to me. I have a monte now and i BARELY post on the monte forum, for the simple fact that i dont like the members over there and I would rather stick to a gp forum, considering its the same vehicle and all parts can coexist except for the exterior and interior..

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#216493 - 10/24/11 09:46 AM Re: Should got another GP [Re: ThunderBat]
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
My biggest thing I hate about the H-bodies are the stupid engine mount design......

can't even do a simple belt change on the side of the road if you needed...

ClubGP is a lot like what you say though, and I think its mostly because that's all they've ever read and so thats the only option in their head. Masses of brainwashed members spewing the same garbage.

I'd hate to see what they think of some stuff i've done with my turbo cars lol. Car held together with zip ties, duct tape couplers etc.

This forum is still great but the new members are just looking how to fix their rotting GPs. No one builds anything worthwhile anymore.
#216502 - 10/24/11 08:09 PM Re: Should got another GP [Re: ThunderBat]
Richard Candelario Offline
umm...hellooooo...N/A build over here! none yall dared to try that craziness! Give it up for the purist! WooT w00t!

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#216505 - 10/24/11 11:13 PM Re: Should got another GP [Re: ThunderBat]
'01 GT Offline
its a dieing breed Randall. the cars r becoming cheaper and cheaper, therefor the younger kiddies are getting them as first cars, not caring about making it fast.

though, my friend Jacob is in the process of fine tuning his MP112 xpz '00 gtp and his '98 daytona track car.

The setup on the blue car is now on the black car, the black car setup has been sold, and the blue car is undergoing a massive make-over that no one knows about…im kind of jealous, not gonna lie. lol

this is how the black car sits today.

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
#216506 - 10/24/11 11:21 PM Re: Should got another GP [Re: ThunderBat]
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Whoosh...thats hot lookin'!

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#216508 - 10/24/11 11:26 PM Re: Should got another GP [Re: ThunderBat]
'01 GT Offline
hes just having problems with the BBV working properly with the mp112…hes only getting 5psi...

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
#216510 - 10/25/11 09:20 AM Re: Should got another GP [Re: ThunderBat]
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
I've had 2 fast (high hp anyway) GP, upgraded all the suspension etc. They still aren't that fun lol.

Handling still sucks and traction is never there when you want it. I'd go from spooling to spinning in about 0.6 seconds. Then spun bearing in 2 seconds :P

I had fun modding my GTP's and did have some fun driving them, but there is a reason why most people move to RWD platforms.
#216519 - 10/25/11 10:05 PM Re: Should got another GP [Re: ThunderBat]
'01 GT Offline
i will always love this platform. as much as i say i cant stand it, i know it in and out. its the fun of always trying to make it better. sure, rwd is fun, but its the surprise factor of these cars.

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
#216530 - 10/26/11 09:30 PM Re: Should got another GP [Re: ThunderBat]
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
If this platform had a decent transmission it would be almost perfect as far as FWD goes.
#216547 - 10/27/11 11:29 PM Re: Should got another GP [Re: r.s.hutchinson]
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Originally Posted By: r.s.hutchinson
I've had 2 fast (high hp anyway) GP, upgraded all the suspension etc. They still aren't that fun lol.

Handling still sucks and traction is never there when you want it. I'd go from spooling to spinning in about 0.6 seconds. Then spun bearing in 2 seconds :P

I had fun modding my GTP's and did have some fun driving them, but there is a reason why most people move to RWD platforms.

My stock, slow as balls, Miata is so much more fun to drive than the GP. The GP looked better, was faster, and is still my baby, but the Miata is so much more satisfying to drive.
#216560 - 10/28/11 12:43 PM Re: Should got another GP [Re: ordonez1307]
'01 GT Offline
Originally Posted By: ordonez1307
Originally Posted By: r.s.hutchinson

My stock, slow as balls, Miata is so much more fun to drive than the GP. The GP looked better, was faster, and is still my baby, but the Miata is so much more satisfying to drive.

lol because its running without any problems...

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
#216562 - 10/28/11 02:40 PM Re: Should got another GP [Re: ThunderBat]
grandamle91 Offline
Loc: Watertown, SD
I used to be member on ClupGP & grandprixforums.net but got the same sh*t because they didnt like what I did
Aluminium Sub-Frame
Power Steering, Trans Cooler, Soon Oil Cooler
K&N Custom Made Cold Air
Denso IT16 Plugs, MSD Coils, MSD Wires
12k HID
LEDS