Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#216909 - 12/05/11 07:00 PM Water leak and stain on headliner
tammyriel Offline
Loc: Ohio
Just started smelling a damp smell in the car and then a water stain showed up on the headliner by the driver side rear door. We think the door seal is the problem and under the rear seat is soaked. How do we get the water stain on the headliner out without ruining it? And the smell? It really stinks in the car now. It is a beautiful car and in excellent condition and I just want it to stay that way. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
#216914 - 12/06/11 01:16 PM Re: Water leak and stain on headliner [Re: tammyriel]
jjcom Offline
Loc: USA
I've had luck using a oxyclean carpet cleaner getting some serious stains out before, that's what I would try first for cleaning and it should remove some of the smell. After cleaning everything it probably will still smell a bit musty, after that my weapon of choice is a black ice tree, clean linen clip on air freshener, and a few dryer sheets under the seats.
#216916 - 12/07/11 01:46 PM Re: Water leak and stain on headliner [Re: tammyriel]
VincentWolf Offline
Loc: SE Michigan
I had the exact same stains on my headliner when I first bought my car. I used Folex to get rid of the stains. Worked great!
Just make sure to follow the directions on the bottle.
After you spray it on the stain, agitate with your finger a bit and then soak up with a rag. Voila!

Hope that helps.