Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#216942 - 12/16/11 06:03 PM Gauging interest in a meet Daytona Beach, Florida
Digitallyphoenix Offline
Loc: Daytona beach, Fl
Ok i dont know when yet but i am posting this on a few sites im on. I know there have been a bunch of us wanting to do a meet. i am the manager at the brand new holiday inn express here in daytona. as long as its not during a busy time, i can set up a good group rate for hotel rooms. we have meeting space if we need it, and can use the lower parking ramp for all the cars for a mini car show. and possibly some work/modding if we dont drip oil or damage the parking lot. it is slopped so jacking up cars might be iffy. we could even try to build up publicity around it from local news paper? also if we get enough people maybe we can get a special tour of the daytona speedway, or ask about getting our cars on the actual track for pictures? i know a few years ago they had what was called the milestones club. i was in it for 2 years and we got 2 laps around the track! i got my z up to 110 one of the banks. but to be able to any of this we need to get some good commitment from everyone. minimum for a group rate at my hotel is 10 rooms. you can bring family and or friends/gf they can hit the beach while you play cars.

so i guess its all about planning a time and seeing who all wants to do it. if anyone has input on activities or wants to help coordinate it all that would be appreciated.

96 Z34 (3.4L DOHC RIP PB 14.81@92.2): www.cardomain.com/id/z34phoenix
L36 swap SD header, 2.5" exhaust, HV3, PowrTuner, Wideband, topswap w/ ported heads to be installed