Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#217106 - 01/13/12 04:41 PM 04 GTP HUD Dimmer Switch... how do I replace it?
dkelsey Offline
My dimmer switch for the HUD is acting up, If I turn the dial just slightly, the HUD will go blank. If I turn it back just a little it will come back on. Can't Dim it at all. I know the problem is the switch because if I push on it a little bit it will go out as well. Can someone tell me how to get that bugger out of there so I can replace it???

This is the switch I'm talking about:

Thanks!!!!!!

BTW... this is NOT my car, too lazy to take a pic... found it on the web just so I can show what I'm talking about! Nice TapShift tho!
#217123 - 01/20/12 12:02 AM Re: 04 GTP HUD Dimmer Switch... how do I replace it? [Re: dkelsey]
fbodyNATION Offline
Loc: new orleans
Originally Posted By: dkelsey
My dimmer switch for the HUD is acting up, If I turn the dial just slightly, the HUD will go blank. If I turn it back just a little it will come back on. Can't Dim it at all. I know the problem is the switch because if I push on it a little bit it will go out as well. Can someone tell me how to get that bugger out of there so I can replace it???

This is the switch I'm talking about:

Thanks!!!!!!

BTW... this is NOT my car, too lazy to take a pic... found it on the web just so I can show what I'm talking about! Nice TapShift tho!

mine doesnt work at all
#217843 - 04/15/12 11:42 PM Re: 04 GTP HUD Dimmer Switch... how do I replace it? [Re: dkelsey]
Liz M. Offline
Loc: WV
You can replace it by getting a new one, GM part number 10438819. This requires taking out your console because the HUD switch has little tabs on the bottom that need squeezed to get it up through the hole. Then you can just take the new switch, plug it into the wiring harness and snap it back into place, securing the console back in after you're finished and you'll be good to go. The console has four bolts around it and then there are 4 little allen screws inside the console "compartment". After they're all out, you have to pull up and back on the console (hard), it's secured with clips to the body. It should be straightforward from there. smile