Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#218535 - 07/22/12 02:41 PM Windshield wiper problem (not the stuck vertical one)
Mountain Rob Offline
I just bought a used 2004 Grand Prix. When I bought it the windshield wipers were working fine, though I needed to put new blades on them. I haven't driven it much, but today I jumped in and the wipers wont turn on at all. The spray works, and when I try to turn the wipers on you can see them try to move (they move like 1mm, like they're trying to go, but not enough power), but they don't actually move the blade at all. Fuse is good.

I'm going to pull the blades and the cowling to see, but would this be a bad motor? Any other ideas or common problems?

Rob
#218539 - 07/23/12 06:23 PM Re: Windshield wiper problem (not the stuck vertical one) [Re: Mountain Rob]
jjcom Offline
Loc: USA
It could be bad motor...I'd try to pull the arms off and run the wipers. See if the mounts are actually spinning. If they move, then it's possible for the arms to strip out. Normally cleaning everything up really well and reinstalling arms will fix the problem.