Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#218966 - 12/27/12 05:10 PM Almost No Power
Kirmie Offline
Loc: Toledo
I had an issue before with power which seemed to be fixed with a new battery and cables. The problem was that my car wouldn't start and the power would just die. It was very similar this time except the car didn't even attempt to start. The power just immediately disappeared.

I tried cleaning up the battery connection to the frame and sanding everything there to get a new connection, but nothing is working now. There is still power though because if I hold down the lock button on the door a beeping sound comes from the middle of the dash. Also, if I put on the e-lights I get a whirring sound. Any ideas?
#218972 - 12/30/12 03:13 PM Re: Almost No Power [Re: Kirmie]
Kirmie Offline
Loc: Toledo
I've tested all the fuses and relays in my main box and they are all good. Tested that the relays had continuity with 12v power to 85/86 and no continuity without. Also tested all the fuses in my glove compartment and they are all good. Though when I turn the key with no fuse in except for interior lights I get a different reaction. I get nothing then 2 buzzes. Key still sticks though.

Thoughts on where to look next?

Edit: Been adding fuses 1 by 1. Started with ignition related, then mall, got to power locks and the noise came back. It's shocking how the locks do more with a fuse right? :)~ Anyways, the clicking sound is coming from the bottom driver side of the console. Right by the floor light and where the e-brake rotates. There is some electricaly stuff there and if anybody knows what this would mean sound off.

Edit 2: It's also making the two beep noise when I hit the power seat controls.

Edit 3: I think it's coming from one of the two boxes down there. On a side note, my main fuse box said that #39 was supposed to be a 30A for air but there is nothing for the fuse to plug into. Is this due to a difference between the SE, GT, and GTP or did that connection pop down inside or something?

Edited by Kirmie (12/30/12 05:35 PM)