Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#219000 - 01/18/13 03:50 PM Turns over but wont start
Mr_GTPeanut Offline
Loc: Bardstown, KY
Got a question, maybe someone can point me to a starting poit for troubleshooting. Car had been running fine until i pull into the gas station today. Was running fine then, shut it off with no noticable problems, but when i went to start it, it turned over, stuttered and died. Will not start back. On one or two attemtps it acted like it was gonna start but no deal. I pushed it into the parking lot and let it sit for a couple of hrs and went back to start it, it just turns over and nothing. I was thinking MAF at this point, i have gone through a couple of them in the last few yrs, so i unplugged it and still nothing. Then i listened and didnt hear the fuel pump buzz when i turned the key. Switched the two relays under the hood hoping this would do something, but again no help. So i closed the hood and went off to work. Any ideas here??
Silver 2000 GTP Coupe, ZZP 3" dp with U Bend delete, ZZP Whisper resonator now resonator delete because that thing fell apart, K&N cone filter, 180 T-stat, drilled/slotted rotors, calipers painted blue and a little touch of blue under the hood
#219001 - 01/19/13 02:50 PM Re: Turns over but wont start [Re: Mr_GTPeanut]
Mr_GTPeanut Offline
Loc: Bardstown, KY
$243.00, one fuel pump and one new hot wheel for the lil man and im back on the road....til the next breakdown
Silver 2000 GTP Coupe, ZZP 3" dp with U Bend delete, ZZP Whisper resonator now resonator delete because that thing fell apart, K&N cone filter, 180 T-stat, drilled/slotted rotors, calipers painted blue and a little touch of blue under the hood
#219012 - 01/24/13 08:25 AM Re: Turns over but wont start [Re: Mr_GTPeanut]
20gtp02 Offline
Wow $243!
I just spent $99.99 shipped for the whole fuel pump assembly from
wbody.
I did however throw an $85 maf at the car with no luck.
Hopefully its the pump.