Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#219023 - 02/08/13 08:20 PM gtp waste gate solenoid or actuator
snowcrash Offline
Loc: charlotte, nc
Hey guys,

I believe my waste gate solenoid/actuator has gone bad. I have been getting terrible gas mileage and I have checked for vacuum leaks but never checked this today until a guy said to check it.

I can hear and tell by putting my fingers underneath where the rod comes out that it is sucking air.

Also, when revving the car up, the actuator is not moving and just staying in position. A guy looking at it said that it was bad since it was not moving and that you could tell the air was sucking from underneath.

Does anybody the exact name, and what the part number is for it. Called Advance and they said they didn't carry it and was probably a dealer part. I'm sure Rockauto has it but I just not sure what the exact name or part number is to search for it.

Hopefully fixing this will make the car idle a little better and also improve the mileage. It might be where my problem comes into play of the car wanting to boost up but not actually throttling up or going on demand like it should(like it's trying to go but not wanting to rev up) and get us better mileage.

Thanks for any help!

Forgot to mention, that it is located to the right of oil filler. Has a vacuum hose going to the top of it, looks like a canister, mounted to a bracket and then has like a long rod that looks like an L at the end.

Sorry for another edit, but it looks like it is maybe called the supercharger bypass actuator but I can not find it on rockauto so I can not find a part number. Is this the correct name and if so, any idea on the part number?

Edited by snowcrash (02/08/13 10:14 PM)
dhp 1.0
#219024 - 02/09/13 12:15 PM Re: gtp waste gate solenoid or actuator [Re: snowcrash]
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
Here ya go:

Link with part# highlighted in green: ENGINE ASM-3.8L V6 PART 5 MANIFOLD AND FUEL RELATED PARTS

It's also available from ZZP: Eaton Bypass Valve
#219025 - 02/09/13 10:32 PM Re: gtp waste gate solenoid or actuator [Re: snowcrash]
snowcrash Offline
Loc: charlotte, nc
Thanks Blackarrow,

I picked one up from ZZP!! Hopefully this will help the car out!
dhp 1.0