Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#219027 - 02/10/13 12:27 PM how to test or know sc bypass solenoid is working?
snowcrash Offline
Loc: charlotte, nc
I know my SC boost bypass actuator is bad and I have bought one from zzp to replace. I've read though that normally the SC boost bypass solenoid is what quits working before the actuator. I know the actuator is bad since it is leaking air.

Is there anyway to test to know if the sc boost bypass solenoid is working or bad? Or will it just through a code if it is bad?

Thanks
dhp 1.0
#219035 - 02/20/13 10:33 PM Re: how to test or know sc bypass solenoid is working? [Re: snowcrash]
snowcrash Offline
Loc: charlotte, nc
Just to let you guys no how to test your solenoid, your boost actuator(some call it a valve) will have two ports on it, a top one and a lower one. Remove the hose connected to the lower port of the actuator(this hose goes to your boost solenoid).

Take a golf tee or whatever you have and plug the end of the rubber hose up and test drive it. Since I knew my actuator was brand new, it had to be something else and it turned out the solenoid was bad. Had full boost and seemed like the car had some more power.

Steve, from ZZPerformance is the one that helped me out with this and told me what to do. He also said you could drive it a few days and if your fuel mileage did not drop, then you didn't have to buy a solenoid but we just went ahead and bought one. Picked one up from RockAuto for $30 shipped I think.

Hope this helps someone since I really had no luck in finding a way to test it on the net!

I just copied and pasted this to this topic also so incase somebody searched for it, they might have a better chance of finding it.
dhp 1.0