Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#219221 - 08/25/15 10:36 AM Window Regulator - dumb question
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
First off, hey guys. It's been a few years, glad to see some familiar names still post here.

I replaced my window regulator a couple years ago and it went bad again. Got the lifetime warranty, but it's just a PITA.

So last night I got it all reassembled, but I had a doubt about the regulator bolting to the glass: Does the glass go in front of the regulator, or behind it?

I can't seem to find any clear photos online and I dont feel like tearing apart my passenger side to compare.
#219222 - 08/30/15 03:59 PM Re: Window Regulator - dumb question [Re: UMfan]
snowcrash Offline
Loc: charlotte, nc
You have probably already fixed this by now but I want to say the glass goes in front of the regulator. I would look at the spot that the window is supposed to bolt to and see which one has the threaded part for the screw to screw into, if that makes sense.

Our passenger side is broke yet again and I haven't fixed it because I hate fixing it to break again. Where did you get yours and how did you get a lifetime warranty with it?

Glad to see you back also. I really hate coming here and not seeing anybody when I do because this was once one of my favorite places to come!!
dhp 1.0
#219223 - 09/24/15 12:35 PM Re: Window Regulator - dumb question [Re: snowcrash]
Richard Candelario Offline
here's hoping yall get to see this. I got my forward driver's regulator from Napa a FEW years back. Still works like a charm.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC