Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#220410 - 12/14/18 04:41 AM Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping SAN DIEGO
klmnop813311 Offline
Loc: china
SAN DIEGO (AP) ? The San Diego Chargers announced Monday that their 1963 AFL championship squad will be inducted into the Chargers Ring of Honor during halftime of their game against the Cincinnati Bengals on Dec. 1.
"We felt like we were the No. 1 team that year," said Lance Alworth, a member of the '63 team and the first AFL player to enter the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
"I played on a championship team with Dallas and won the Super Bowl,Nike Air Max Cheap Wholesale," Alworth, 73, said. "To me,Cheap Jerseys, the '63 team with the Chargers was the best football team I ever played on. They could do everything. They played well,Basket Adidas Pas Cher France, the played together.
Alworth said late coach Sid Gillman tried to get a game against the NFL champion Chicago Bears but was unsuccessful.

In addition to Alworth, tackle Ron Mix and Gillman are also in the Hall of Fame from the '63 squad.
"It was a one-time championship team that everyone who played on it would say it was the best team they ever played on."
Alworth's voice broke when reflecting on '63, the memories it brought back and former teammates who are now deceased.
The Chargers, who went 11-3 during the regular season that year,Nike Air Max Sale Outlet Uk, claimed the title by defeating the Boston Patriots,Jerseys Wholesale, 51-10, at Balboa Stadium.
The '63 team is the only Chargers squad to win a league title,Wholesale Jerseys China. A banner signifying that will be hung at Chargers home games after the ceremony.
"I'm sorry there wasn't a Super Bowl," Alworth said. "We might have brought one of those home. I just wish all my teammates were here to see this. Some of us are still here and some of us aren't."