Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#22039 - 06/09/07 03:44 PM Re: hood dilema
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
i have the SD. I know that everyone and their mother has it, but im the only one for counties that has it. I have only seen 1-2 other ones in my life with it.

But i know exactly what you are saying. But this hood is sexy
#22040 - 06/09/07 05:38 PM Re: hood dilema
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
well I did a quick and dirty chop before I crashed this morning and I aint even gonna post that pic...the scoop is huge (I thought it might be) I may try again when I have more time and see what the Charger sized scoop looks like...there is room enough for it between the hood lines and it does still have some space at the front but it still looks like a big welt...oh well, I guess the other thing to consider is that most any add-on scoop wont be functional or (of even more importance to me) offer any kind of heat extraction...I guess this gets back to the old "you gotta pay to play" thing.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#22041 - 06/09/07 05:41 PM Re: hood dilema
20gtp02 Offline
Since You are the man at Chopping, I would say spend a few hours or so with hoods and hood scoops. I thnk it is worth your time if you are going to spend that kind of money. I take it you are going for looks over mods. I like looking at hoods, but I wouldn't want one just because I am in the sleeper mod mode. But most of the time they all seem pretty sweet if there done right.

#22042 - 06/09/07 10:17 PM Re: hood dilema
ThunderBat Offline
I figure I'm going for looks and reliablity for now...after I get this one paid for and I grab myself another ride for a daily driver then I'll start focusing more on go-fast goodies...but even then I wont want to destroy the gas mileage (one of the reasons I'm a fan of turbos) cuz what good is a fun car if taking out to drive sets your wallet on fire...I'm also going on the assumption that gas isnt going to get cheaper...it certainly hasnt my whole life...I dont expect that to change. I did find an eBay store that had a nice selection of scoops (the one Chico posted the link for)and I'm gonna check with the body shop guy on Monday for an install price.

#22043 - 06/11/07 09:39 AM Re: hood dilema
SlickGTP Offline
Loc: Houston, TX
Have you considered the SD 4 vent in CF? Since you have a black car you wouldn't have to get it painted. If I can ever justify it and still have the car that was my original intent. I don't know of that many CF SD hoods around.

Just an idea...

Kinda sorta, yeah, no?

'02 Black GTP - RIP 03/03/08 ||| '06 Black G35 MT6 - Stock ||| '73 Chevy half ton(resurrected)
#22044 - 06/11/07 07:07 PM Re: hood dilema
ThunderBat Offline
I had considered the CF hood but the body shop guy told me that they still should get a coat of clear since the gel coat has no UV protection in it...which he said would eventually cause the gel finish to "crow's foot" and begin to flake off (not cool)...and clear coat is almost as much as paint...I think I'm just gonna quit my whining and suck it up since the WS6 is the hood I've always wanted to put on it anyway.

#22045 - 06/11/07 07:37 PM Re: hood dilema
20gtp02 Offline
After doing my mods and then finally tuning, my mileage went up. Sounds great, no more whining, and Alot more Hood!

#22046 - 06/12/07 03:56 AM Re: hood dilema
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
T-bat, i say do it the way you want to do it. I remember you talking about the WS6 hood a looong time ago. Just save your pennys and do it right!