Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#221678 - 04/09/19 06:21 PM Wholesale Authentic Jerseys "It's hard to say
klmnop813311 Offline
Loc: china
Running back C.J. Spiller offered a mixed response Wednesday.
ORCHARD PARK,Bill Lee Jersey, N.Y. (AP) ? Whether it's handling opposing pass rushers on the field, and questions off it, Bills rookie quarterback EJ Manuel is suddenly having a hard time escaping the blitz.
NOTES: Kelly spoke while attending a ceremony at the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame and Museum honoring late teammate, center Kent Hull. ... CB Leodis McKelvin (right hamstring) did not practice Wednesday, and his status is uncertain for Sunday. ... DT Kyle Williams (right Achilles tendon), DE Mario Williams (left ankle), WR Stevie Johnson (hamstring) and RG Kraig Urbik (right knee) also did not practice but are expected to play.
The only thing missing was a 250-pound linebacker in his face.
Buffalo has converted just 14 of 45 third down chances. And more often than not, that's been the result of having difficulty gaining yards on first and second down.
"It's hard to say," center Eric Wood said. "I think he'll rebound, though. Just working with him for the past few months,Cheap Falcons Jerseys For Sale, I think every time a challenge is presented, he's kind of stepped up."
The Bills' defense went after him in practice Wednesday. And Manuel spent part of his day off Tuesday working on his own in making quick, precise throws downfield.
Not all of the blame should land on Manuel,Cheap Shoes China, because the Bills are experiencing difficulty maintaining drives whether they're running or passing.
In taking a big step back against the Jets, Manuel showed the tell-tale signs of inconsistency encountered by most NFL rookies. And that's raised concerns among Bills players as to how long it might take Manuel to find his footing against the blitz.
"We all hope he'll turn out to be the quarterback we've been praying for," Kelly added. "Great kid. Great work ethic. Time will only tell. But I'm one guy who is pulling for EJ Manuel."
Manuel's struggles came a week after he showed signs of his potential by rallying the Bills to a last-second 24-23 win over Carolina.
The extra work became necessary in light of Manuel's struggles in a 27-20 loss to the New York Jets on Sunday. When he wasn't being sacked eight times, Manuel was sailing desperation passes out of bounds.
Against the Jets, Manuel at times looked rattled in completing 19 of 42 attempts for 243 yards and a touchdown. And he was particularly bad in third- or fourth-down situations.
"No, we didn't have that,Adidas Superstar Wholesale China," Manuel said with a laugh. "We couldn't simulate that one. But it was the best we could."
"I felt like I should've been more composed," Manuel said. "When they're bringing the house at you, it's a tough thing to deal with. But nonetheless, you have to deal with it. It's just a part of maturing in the position."
Since spending much of last weekend flat on his back, Manuel was back on his feet Wednesday, feeling better prepared in facing pressure after spending the past two days working on it in practice.
"Yeah, I'm a lot more prepared," Manuel said. "I learned a lot from that game and the mistakes I made."
Manuel's inconsistencies have come as no surprise to Jim Kelly, the Bills Hall of Fame quarterback.
"He's getting there. He's had some tough days, but what rookie hasn't?" Kelly said.
He credited Manuel for having poise, but also added: "We just have to do a better job of just calming him down."
Until that happens, he understands opposing defenses are going to take the same approach against him.
Though he hit tight end Scott Chandler for a 33-yard touchdown pass on third-and-6,Scarpe Nike 2019 Donne, Manuel was otherwise dreadful. On third or fourth down, he went 3 of 14 for 55 yards passing and was sacked twice.

"I'm sure a lot more teams are going to try to amp it up a little bit, too,Bobby Orr Jersey," he said. "So I think the biggest thing is showing that you can handle it, and that's when they'll stop doing the blitzes."
Manuel is going to have to do much better with the Bills (1-2) preparing to face another attacking style defense on Sunday, when they host the Baltimore Ravens (2-1).