Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#222304 - 08/01/19 05:13 AM I strongly recommend you do so
winrsgold Offline
If you have been holding off revisiting the game, or have yet to give it a try, I strongly recommend you do so -- only remember Old School Runescape, RuneScape gold that will be for people who seek a more timeless experience.Now, if you'll excuse me, I must travel afar and start building my Hunter to create some significant money.

Old School Runescape, the proudly antiquated version of Runescape that still looks and performs like the game I snapped innumerable hours into when I actually should've been studying, is obtaining a raid. A fantastic raid requires good rewards, therefore when the Theatre of Blood was announced late last year, players were not able to see exactly what clearing the multi-man challenge would earn them. Jagex reacted with Justicar armor, a brand new best-in-slot armor place (above). There was one little problem: gamers totally hated it.

In fact, they hated it so much , for months, the Old School community dogpiled the horn on the 2007scape subreddit and memed it to hell and backagain. They memed on it so hard that Jagex is now totally altering the armor's design.

Virtually all of Old School Runescape's updates undergo participant polls, but this is the first time a suit of armor was forged in a fire of memes.

The irony is that while players loathed the'closing' armor shown earlier this season, they loved the prototypes revealed while the raid was announced. Originally, the Justicar armor was part of a trio of new armor sets, West informs me, but as the Theatre of Blood went from vague concept to actual material, the armor shifted with it. Players said there was sufficient DPS gear but insufficient tank gear, so it was narrowed down to just one armor set. And if they were just going to use one set, Jagex guessed they might also create a new one based on the armor worn by the raid's huge poor.

"We believed changing it a bit made sense," West says,"but players weren't quite on board with all the original proposal we shared stream. And then osrs gold for sale, well, Reddit went wild."

Moderator:  AustinGTP, Chew, HercMan(Rob), Redshift