Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#222807 - 03/28/21 12:44 AM Passenger side door lock stuck locked & can't open door
chevyman8153 Offline
Loc: Saint Johns
So my 2001 GP GT passenger side door lock won't unlock via the manual lock inside the door nor will it do so via a key from the door. The key won't turn when in the lock and the toggle inside the car can not be moved from the lock position as it seems to be stuck. Obviously the key fob has no effect. Has anyone else had this happen. Sounds to me like I need to have someone use the old "burglar tools" and pop the lock so I can get the door open and take the door panel off and see what's up. Seems to me the lock mechanism is either seized up or bent inside the door. This in inconvenient to say the least. I have never had to have the door panel off so I am not sure the logistics of what is inside there. It sat for a while so anything is possible. If anyone can provide any helpful advice as I would like to not have to pay someone to come out and pop the lock if I don't have to.
#222821 - 04/22/21 09:11 PM Re: Passenger side door lock stuck locked & can't open door [Re: chevyman8153]
Richard Candelario Offline
sadly, I think you'll need a locksmith to jimmy that lock open. It's nearly impossible to get the door trim off with the door closed. Otherwise, it's a really straight-forward process of getting the interior trim off and to disassemble the door's guts. Careful, the edges in there are very sharp and jagged. They spent absolutely no time making the edges user-friendly.

I'm sorry for neglecting this site for the past month. I have no reason other than I didn't swing through as I should've been.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC