Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#22478 - 09/03/02 03:34 PM High Wattage Headlight Bulbs
Aubs98GT Offline
Loc: Iowa
Has anybody out there been using the high wattage headlight bulbs (100W/80W) using the factory connectors and wiring? I bought the APC heavy duty harness that comes with its own relays and the APC super white bulbs and had nothing but problems. I have had two bulbs blow up and a number of them swell up. I was very careful when installing them, making sure that they were not touched. Just wondering if anyone is using the factory connectors and wiring with high wattage bulbs. I heard that the bulbs could fry the wiring and/or the switch. I tried the lower or regular wattage bulbs, but really prefer the high wattage bulbs. My brother uses the high wattage bulbs in his TA with the factory wiring, but he does not have the DRL's like the GP's. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!
#22479 - 09/08/02 02:45 AM Re: High Wattage Headlight Bulbs
EVIL98GT Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
for one APC sucks....never try there LED "factory replacement" for some reason it blew about 6 fuses in my glove box and several under the hood...nothing worked....my buddy has the 100/80 watt bulbs in his civic and has had no probs for 3 mo's...they are not the APC....i have 55/65 in my GTj and i notice they look funny like the glass is swelling or something..if you want something neet buy HID..like on one of the online store i saw it somewhere. you do loose your brights but you dont need them trust me....
#22480 - 09/19/02 10:06 PM Re: High Wattage Headlight Bulbs
DRGP Offline
Loc: DR
Careful with the DRL's.. the lights will function but at full intensity for wattage greater than 70. That can surely melt something eventually.

If you want to run the higher watts, disable the DRL's and get a harness.
#22481 - 09/23/02 08:30 PM Re: High Wattage Headlight Bulbs
Neo GTP Offline
Loc: Niagara Falls
Just installed this kit. Easy and it rocks !

HID Light kit