Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2285 - 01/26/05 07:17 PM WTF
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
hey does anybody else out there use their GP as a "weekender" and have a different car that they use for their "work" car or thir everyday driver?

I only ask this because i was accused of being a ricer earlier today in my other car. here is what happened. I have a 92 cavalier BONE STOCK that i let somebody borrow. I got it back, and they have ruined the muffler. I am going to pick up a new one tomorrow, but while at a light today, somebody called me a "loser ricer, horsepower wannabe." and i was told to get a life, and put a regular muffler on it and go back to my "home country" now mind you i have been told that i look like Dale Jr, so i don't know how on earth anyone could call me a "ricer" I also live in a town of approx 5000 people, and I know practically everybody

GOD this is aggrivating! I guess i just needed to vent, cause on the one day that I decide to not take the prix out, i get called a ricer, man i wish i had the prix today. next time i see him i am going to show him what "american" cars really are capable of crazy devilgrin
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
#2286 - 01/26/05 07:31 PM Re: WTF
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
I think everyone has missed some good races from not having their car.

Whenever ricers gave me crap, I would tell them that I also had a 4 cylinder engine, it's in my motorcycle.
#2287 - 01/26/05 07:49 PM Re: WTF
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
My other car is an old GMC Jimmy that I share with the girlfriend.

Nobody wants to race me in that beast, but at least I've never been called a ricer.
#2288 - 01/26/05 10:27 PM Re: WTF
SprChrd01 Offline
Loc: San Bernardino, Ca
Hmm I use my car everyday and can't get a good race DAMN!! mad

7" all in one indash TV and sound system
#2289 - 01/26/05 10:59 PM Re: WTF
James GTP Offline
Loc: Southern Minnesota
Quote:
Originally posted by Dementeddj:
hey does anybody else out there use their GP as a "weekender" and have a different car that they use for their "work" car or thir everyday driver?

I only ask this because i was accused of being a ricer earlier today in my other car. here is what happened. I have a 92 cavalier BONE STOCK that i let somebody borrow. I got it back, and they have ruined the muffler. I am going to pick up a new one tomorrow, but while at a light today, somebody called me a "loser ricer, horsepower wannabe." and i was told to get a life, and put a regular muffler on it and go back to my "home country" now mind you i have been told that i look like Dale Jr, so i don't know how on earth anyone could call me a "ricer" I also live in a town of approx 5000 people, and I know practically everybody

GOD this is aggrivating! I guess i just needed to vent, cause on the one day that I decide to not take the prix out, i get called a ricer, man i wish i had the prix today. next time i see him i am going to show him what "american" cars really are capable of crazy devilgrin
May I ask what HE was driving? That would also make me mad. Just try "losing" to a little Sunfire mad I blew HER off the line no prob, than thought it might be a good idea to slow down since I was doing 60 in town. But to my surprise she blew by me, and I couldnt catch her in the traffic.... banghead

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee- Mopar PCM, K&N, 3.5" lift, 5.2 v8, true exhaust

1999 GTP-Homemade CAI, DHP, No res/No muffs

2000 GT
DHP pcm, homemade CAI, U-bend/resonator delete, Taylor wires, Clear corners, Altezzas, SS grills, Reflective graphics
#2290 - 01/26/05 11:09 PM Re: WTF
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
WTF???????/ whats the F stand for. Frickin? Fried as in fried rice? ahhh fark them all i wish i had a second car to drive like a vette but my prix will always be primary. to much of a joy to drive to leave it trapped at home. but im poor now so i only have one car and one house.
#2291 - 01/26/05 11:39 PM Re: WTF
GTP4LIFE Offline
Loc: Michigan
i got a ticket for raceing a mustang that called me a ricer tonight. i got drag raceing and 75 in a 50. i was so pissed if i ever find that guy around here im gonna steal his wheels n tires and sell them to pay for my ticket
SLP loud mouth exaust, 3" down pipe "no cat", race ready trans, 3.0 quick change pulley (also got a 3.25 an 3.4),1.9 modified rockers with 105 springs, custom throttle body, custom CAI,custom sturt brace, gauge pod with boost an oil pressure,160 stat, limo window tint, reflective rear pontiac logo, sprint lowering springs, 18" giovanna corsica rims. 13.5 on my 18's with street tires.(GETTIN READY FOR A CAM REAL SOON GOT A TEP CAM FOR FREE)
#2292 - 01/26/05 11:58 PM Re: WTF
RealTime Offline
Loc: Ottawa Canada
I've been driving my wife's old 93' Eagle Vision as a winter beater usually leaving my clean GP in the garage out of the elements but I had to haul the old girl out last week cause the wipers in Eagle blow chunks and I couldn't see properly.

Gotta love the heated seats these days!

BTW... What's a 'ricer' ?
#2293 - 01/27/05 12:02 AM Re: WTF
Bryan R Offline
Loc: Portland
Quote:
Originally posted by RealTime:
I've been driving my wife's old 93' Eagle Vision as a winter beater usually leaving my clean GP in the garage out of the elements but I had to haul the old girl out last week cause the wipers in Eagle blow chunks and I couldn't see properly.

Gotta love the heated seats these days!

I would've buttoned down the hatches,and driven to the nearest pepboys, and get a new set of wiperes, than take the good car out in the elements.

Sometimes when I take the car out in the rain, when I get home, I'll blow it dry with the leaf blower laugh
#2294 - 01/27/05 01:35 AM Re: WTF
Dementeddj Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by zachd:
WTF???????/ whats the F stand for. Frickin? Fried as in fried rice? ahhh fark them all i wish i had a second car to drive like a vette but my prix will always be primary. to much of a joy to drive to leave it trapped at home. but im poor now so i only have one car and one house.
I would tell you what the "f" stands for, but we're not supposed to cuss on here. if you still haven't figured it out, then think the first letter and the last three letters of the work "FiretrUCK" hopefully you got it by now crazy devilgrin
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
#2295 - 01/27/05 04:39 AM Re: WTF
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
I'm afraid my reply to his statement would have been ,Oh look your nose is leaking tomatoe juice ,sorry I get a little jumpy from all that soya sauce and can't quite control my hands. devilsmile
#2296 - 01/27/05 10:47 AM Re: WTF
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Hey Demented,

I hope you remember the guy's face and car so that next time you see him... own his sorry no good "soya suace" (good one Chico) eating "Vtec... oh S@#t that's fast" wanna be racer. Revenge... served best ice cold.

devilsmile
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#2297 - 01/27/05 11:16 AM Re: WTF
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
someone else has been reading the old Klingon proverbs I see...I gave up on street racing a long time ago...when young guys run their mouth I chalk it up as self centered bravado over-compensating for car envy and low self esteem...if any of them are serious about how badazz their cars really are then they can bring their fart cans and fuggin hi-amp stereos out to the dragstrip on grudge night...then its put up or shut up cuz the Christmas tree tells no lies and the finish line settles all talk...I'm not sayin I'll never get another speeding ticket for the rest of my days but I wont get it drag racing on the street...its way to costly and too dangerous.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#2298 - 01/27/05 04:40 PM Re: WTF
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio

A ricer is a dude that puts pointless mods on their car in an attempt to make it look tuner. The end result is a tacky design.

http://laughatrice.com/galleries.htm

A lot of people think that if you mod a economy car it is rice. That's what this person though. He hears a bad muffler and think you were rice? Kinda dumb.

I got a late 80's caravan. I recommend you modding 2nd vehicles only if you don't do anything where the trade-off is lowered reliability on the component.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#2299 - 01/27/05 07:12 PM Re: WTF
Dementeddj Offline
ok, to answer all the questions

1) He was driving an Isuzu Hombre pickup with a 4 banger

2) I remember the guy's face,car and everything else cause he used such nice language to me. (yes revenge will be sweet, cause I will take him out to the airport and race him down the runway)

3) I am not going to mod my cavalier, just going to put on a new pipe and muff so it is legal

side note: so much for driving sensibly like a responsible adult, huh?? crazy devilgrin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >