Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#23430 - 08/27/08 12:13 PM Re: Stock, GTX, or Ws6 Hood?
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
now your car needs to get some balls under the hood to back up the huge hood
#23431 - 08/27/08 01:06 PM Re: Stock, GTX, or Ws6 Hood?
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
now your car needs to get some balls under the hood to back up the huge hood
hey dude, watch how you sling that around lol (I've heard that one more times than I can count)

If I could float the change I turbo that beast in a blink of an eye (love to add those "turbo grand prix" badges)...but for 4 grand I can get another engine and tranny (L67/hd)

Just remember the age old saying "you get what you pay for"...I do hope this works out for you but I fear that hood is gonna take lot of work to make it look right.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#23432 - 08/27/08 01:57 PM Re: Stock, GTX, or Ws6 Hood?
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
[b] now your car needs to get some balls under the hood to back up the huge hood
hey dude, watch how you sling that around lol (I've heard that one more times than I can count)

If I could float the change I turbo that beast in a blink of an eye (love to add those "turbo grand prix" badges)...but for 4 grand I can get another engine and tranny (L67/hd)

Just remember the age old saying "you get what you pay for"...I do hope this works out for you but I fear that hood is gonna take lot of work to make it look right. [/b]
ive told you enough times that its about time that you put some money under the hood of yours!
#23433 - 08/27/08 03:43 PM Re: Stock, GTX, or Ws6 Hood?
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
I purchased the grills from customcargrills.com...got the XL Flat Silver w/ no rubber trim. I purchased the WS6 hood aswell from andysautosport. I should have pics for you guys within the next 2 weeks.

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#23434 - 08/27/08 05:12 PM Re: Stock, GTX, or Ws6 Hood?
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
I tried that customcargrills. I'm not happy with that. It was not fit on my lower grille. I guess I have bad product but hopefully it is not happen to you. I'm looking forward to see your galaxy siver. I think it will look great! wink
#23435 - 08/27/08 08:46 PM Re: Stock, GTX, or Ws6 Hood?
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
Quote:
Originally posted by burninrubberGT:
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
[b] probably the best low cost option would be to have the scoop of your choice added to your stock hood. If I had it to do all over again that is the route I would go. Look how cool Chico's hood turned out. By the time you buy a hood, ship it and then pay to have it painted you can buy the scoop and have it installed and painted probably for less.
None of our cars really benefit from the "ram air" function or if so to a very small degree. The hood is more of a showpiece, granted a pretty darn good one but I think my car would have looked just as good with a nice scoop installed...and I wouldnt have fitment issues.
chico's is the only scoop i have seen that looked good, IMHO stickons belong on ricers (except chico's laugh ) [/b]
wait until you see randalls then lol
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3