Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#23763 - 02/24/05 12:04 PM Rear Suspention
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Hi,

Remember i change my struts 2 months ago?
well my car is sitting high since then and they say that it would go down after a while. Yesterday i took it to align rear wheels and they told me that there are some bars 2 for each wheel that are twisted, they say that suerely when change the struts they put the car on some supports that twisted them, is just 1 bar of each wheel and wheels look misaligned just alittle, what is the name of this bars, they are around 12" lenght.
Do you have a pic of the rear suspention? I need to complain with this company and need arguements.

Thanks

Alex

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#23764 - 02/24/05 12:05 PM Re: Rear Suspention
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Time to find new mechanics.

Lo siento Alex.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#23765 - 02/24/05 12:23 PM Re: Rear Suspention
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Sounds like the trailing arms?
If you kneel down at the side of your car, by the front of the rear wheel, you should be able to reach your hand in between the front of the wheel and the body. There's a bar type piece right there on both sides. It's not a round bar, it's a u shaped bar, unless you've installed the GMPP handling kit, then they will be tube shaped.

Is this the part he said is twisted?

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#23766 - 02/24/05 12:51 PM Re: Rear Suspention
Alex Offline
I'm searching the name, but don't know even in spanish, tehre are 2 bars that goes to each wheel, lets call them A and B, in one wheel is bent the bar A and the other the bar B, it makes the wheel look inclined, i mean the upper part of the wheel looks outer (it says like that?) and the car looks higher, is not too much around 3 cms, but my wheels are going fast from outside...by the way they are straight bars

I've been trough 8 mechanics, from big shops like Shell Autoserve, Bosch Services, and street mechanics, and none of them seem to know aything abot GP's well , thats why i think my car is possesed...jajaja

My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#23767 - 02/24/05 01:46 PM Re: Rear Suspention
4 T 8 states Offline
Loc: winter park,fl
you must make them pay for the repairs if they did damage your car in their shop Alex.

it gonna cost a lot of money to YOU if they dont plus the damage they did will probaly make your tires ware uneven plus you probaly cannot align the wheels it the trailing arms are bent plus it will effect your handling especially at high speed.

did you try asking some one on the website you showed us with the camaro, they might know some good mechnics. cool
bearcat bct-7 law enforment/weatherband scanner
#23768 - 02/24/05 02:36 PM Re: Rear Suspention
Alex Offline
Yes i'll try make them pay for this, but i just have my strut invoice, but how would i demonstrate they bent them?, i returned twice to make them "lower" the car and they couldn't and this os not written, So it will be my word against them, hope is not difficult. But i'm in Mexico City...

I feel vibration on my steering wheel at 140 KM/HR or higher, could this ocasionate it?

#23769 - 02/24/05 03:00 PM Re: Rear Suspention
4 T 8 states Offline
Loc: winter park,fl
well if they put the struts in then they should have told you before they began the work that they were bent, if there mechenics they should have known this before they worked on your car.

if you look a the arms you will see that they are probaly bent in the same place and if they tried to bend them back you will see that too.

if you never had vibration before then that may be the problem. when your at that speed do you check your rearview mirror to see if you have vibration?

im not an expert im just trying to give you some points to look at.
bearcat bct-7 law enforment/weatherband scanner
#23770 - 02/24/05 03:04 PM Re: Rear Suspention
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Here is what the rear end should look like when the car is sitting on the ground.

LOL from the looks of my car it look's like it's time for the GMPP upgrade kit smile Project for the summer smile
#23771 - 02/24/05 03:05 PM Re: Rear Suspention
Alex Offline
Thanks 4T8,

Of course they know that after installing struts i was not happy cause i returned twice to make them lower the car,(i didn't know why it was higher)remember they say "it will go down after some weeks but", will they accept this fact?? in Bosch Service (where i took it yesterday to align, they told me that it was not a hit, that it seems it was settled in this triangle mounts and they were installed in those bars so they bent.

#23772 - 02/24/05 03:13 PM Re: Rear Suspention
HercMan(Rob) Offline
ttt smile
#23773 - 02/24/05 03:17 PM Re: Rear Suspention
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Hercman to the rescue.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#23774 - 02/24/05 03:49 PM Re: Rear Suspention
Alex Offline
what ttt means???

#23775 - 02/24/05 03:53 PM Re: Rear Suspention
HercMan(Rob) Offline
to the top smile
#23776 - 02/25/05 12:31 PM Re: Rear Suspention
Alex Offline
This is the left one, I took it yesterday and it seems to be ok nothing is wrong aparently, it supposed that this bar with 2 nuts and one kind of larger nut was bent, but no and the wheel still is misaligned, they said that my new struts must be nmodified cause sometimes there are small variations, rear ones are BOGE have you heard about this?

And this one is the left and here looks this tensioner is bent, they will fix it, but they said that there wont be any change...unless the modification.

#23777 - 02/25/05 02:43 PM Re: Rear Suspention
HercMan(Rob) Offline
From the looks of that second pic I could see that side of the car sitting a little higher then normal. Check your tire wear. I'd nail them for a new tire while your at it.