Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#24253 - 01/19/03 02:36 PM factory stereo help!
GtpRed Offline
Loc: MN
I have a 97 GTP and I love in Minnesota. It has just begun to get cold here and when my car is not warmed up the stereo doesnt operate properly. The volumn doenst change and non of the button work, also the CD changer in the trunk does not work. Is my stereo going bad? or is it just becasue of the cold? thanks
#24254 - 01/19/03 05:01 PM Re: factory stereo help!
quark_man Offline
Loc: Alberta
I don't have those kind of problems but my stereo is a bit slow when it gets really cold. Fort McMurray is around -30 to -40 and in that kind of cold I dont even touch my cd player and only use the controls on the steering column.
#24255 - 01/19/03 07:34 PM Re: factory stereo help!
03 Limited Edition Offline
Loc: Maryland
Sounds to me like your radio is bad. My GP is only a week old, and the stereo is a little sluggish when its cold out, but then again so is every after market stereo I have ever owned. I have never had problems with the volume like you described. If it is any help I am replacing my factory radio with a new kenwood head unit, so if you want a replacement radio let me know, It is only a week old! laugh laugh
#24256 - 01/20/03 12:35 PM Re: factory stereo help!
GtpRed Offline
Loc: MN
I guess I would be interested in your factory stereo...does it have the equalizer? How much?
#24257 - 01/20/03 03:52 PM Re: factory stereo help!
03 Limited Edition Offline
Loc: Maryland
Yeah it has the EQ built in, it is probly the exact one you have. It uses the steering wheel controls, and my car has onstar so if your GTP has onstar you should be able to hook that up too. I know for a fact that pontiac has been using the same cd players for several years. The only thing is I would want at least $200 for it. Not that I dont wanna sell it to you, but for that price you could buy something decent aftermarket, plus Im not sure how I could get it to you. Any ideas on that let me know.