Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#24874 - 08/03/06 02:45 PM Tune up
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
My car is now at the mech. changing plugs (AC iridiums) i had some cheap ones, fuel filter, synthetic oil, cleaning injectors and putting back the stock t.stat, hope it feels good.

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#24875 - 08/03/06 04:11 PM Re: Tune up
Richard Candelario Offline
Good luck. What was the determination to return to stock t-stat?

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#24876 - 08/03/06 04:38 PM Re: Tune up
Alex Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
Good luck. What was the determination to return to stock t-stat?
Hi Richard,

I'm not returning to stock t-stat, I'm returning to use one... lol
I do not have one since 2 1/2 years ago. I've taken my baby to install one twice but it started getting too hot every time, so this is my third chance.

My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#24877 - 08/03/06 04:42 PM Re: Tune up
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Third time's a charm! If it was over heating with a thermostat in that could be because of some other problems with the cooling system...
#24878 - 08/03/06 05:00 PM Re: Tune up
Alex Offline
yes the first time was cause some leaks on the rad. then new rad. but no t-stat, then new t-stat, but some kind of bad flushing, anyway they took off the t-stat, now i point my mech to do the proccess of flushing and installing the t-stat very carefully

#24879 - 08/03/06 06:11 PM Re: Tune up
Alex Offline
BTW my mech is repairing, or changing I don't know which pieces of my steering pump, it was leaking too much, it is gona cost around 130 usd. he's just call me to say that he will have my car until tomorrow cause his provider sent him a piece without a sensor, and mine have a sensor.

Which sensor could my steering pump have???

Is the speed one or something??

#24880 - 08/05/06 06:37 AM Re: Tune up
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
He may be talking about the magnasteer sensor .Chico.
#24881 - 08/07/06 01:13 PM Re: Tune up
Alex Offline
I think it was, he was not talking about to change the sensor, but his provider sent him a piece without the connector, but now it is fine.