Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#25202 - 06/10/02 02:10 AM Warning lights.
Bruce Offline
Loc: Fl
I am still getting familiar with my new-to-me GP and found another question.

When I first put my key in, up in the DIC all of my lights test out, except for the Performance shift, the trunk ajar, and the washer fluid low.

I popped the trunk, and the light worked then, it just is not included on the pre-start test.

I haven't ran out of washer fluid yet, so I don't know about that one.

Performance shift, I probably don't have it?

Is this normal?

Thanks
#25203 - 06/10/02 09:58 AM Re: Warning lights.
Ross St.Clair Offline
Loc: Gainesville, VA USA
Bruce,

I know for a fact that the "Performance Shift" doesn't light-up during the test. In my '99 GTP it doesn't come on until after the test. I'm not that knowledgeable on what years/models do or don't have the performance shift, so I don't know if your car should have it or not. As far as the truck ajar and washer fluid lights, I can't say that I've ever noticed what they do during the test.
#25204 - 06/10/02 02:02 PM Re: Warning lights.
Boost Offline
Loc: Troy, MI
Bruce, Performance Shift is only available from the factory in the 97-00 GTP models.
#25205 - 06/12/02 07:21 AM Re: Warning lights.
Jeff W. Offline
Loc: North Texas
I have a 99 and on startup my DIC has a little winshield w/wiper icon that comes on in the hood area of the DIC I am pretty sure the trunk one comes on too, but as long as they work when you need them to I would not worry about the startup test, but if it really bothers you a replacement one is about $250-300. (thats why I said unless it really bothers you. Mine went totally out due to a short and had to get it replaced. Still need to replace the HUD also got fried...really sucks at $800 local dealer price)

"It can't out run Motorola, but it sure comes close!!!"

99 Black GTP Sedan:
Fr & R STB, Thrasher CAI,GM W-body (police) auxilliary tranny cooler, custom 3" exaust to dual 2.5" inlet/outlet mufflers, U-bend replacement, xenon headlights reflective GTP and lower Rocker GRAND PRIX badging, red custom front grilles, 180* stat, Pontiac valve stem caps, red neon light behind front grilles, red custom under hood cross braces
#25206 - 06/12/02 07:22 PM Re: Warning lights.
cyclonecj Offline
Loc: Minnesota
You can check the performance shift light by pressing the thumb button on the gearshift knob. I'm not sure which models have performance shift (my 98 GTP does), but if you don't have the button I'd guess you don't have performance shift. I don't believe that mine lights up in the power-up test.