Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#25371 - 10/29/02 10:46 AM factory radio?
ajdamac Offline
Loc: Kansas City, MO
I was wondering if anyone had the problem with umm well my anti theft ewas on my radio and when i took it out i forgot to turn it off and nw it doesnt work so does anyone know how to reset it so i put the factory radio back into my 98 gp or is it not possible to do that. if someone could help me out i would really like that thank you
#25372 - 10/29/02 01:32 PM Re: factory radio?
Stormtrooper1 Offline
Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Take it in to your Dealer, Any Local GM dealer should be able to Un-llock it for you, (if you forgot the code) otherwise there should be a procedure in the owners manual to unlock it if you have the code.

Good Luck-
#25373 - 10/30/02 01:22 PM Re: factory radio?
gary Offline
Loc: San Diego
Yeah, this happened to me too. Bought the 98 used (from a non-Pontiac dealer), and it required a new battery before I took delivery. When I then took possession, the radio no longer worked. I didn't have the code. Called a Pontiac dealer. He told me a sequence of things to do which then gave me some sorta readout on the radio dial. I then told the dealer what the readout said, and he gave me the code from a "decoder" book that every dealer has. I used that code to re-established radio usability, then changed the code to something I could easily remember (and wrote it into the owner's manual) in accordance with the directions in the owner's manual. First step, call a Pontiac dealer.

Regards, Gary in Sandy Eggo

PS - once you've got the radio working again, you might want to consider turning off the code thing. We DO have that option. I just now thought about that. I think I'll just turn mine off. Who the heck is going to steal a stock radio out of a car, anyway?
#25374 - 11/05/02 11:42 AM Re: factory radio?
zedtech Offline
Loc: Brampton, ON, Canada
http://www.gp-owners.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6429925&FORUM_ID=5&CAT_ID=1&Forum_Title=Quality+%2F+Problem+Issues&Topic_Title=wanna+unlock+your+theftlock+Delco%3F+Click+here%21

That should do the trick smile