Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2973 - 05/12/09 01:48 PM ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
I am having a bit of a disagreement with someone about ZZP's Dyno Tune. He is telling me that I will definately POP a piston if i get it dyno tuned and drive it on the street. It will not be a track car and i will most likely be done modding the car once I get everything fixed by them tomorrow.

List reasons as to why you think ZZP's dyno tune is good or bad.

ONLY ON TOPIC discussions PLEASE!

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#2974 - 05/12/09 02:33 PM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Tell your buddy to shut up. Custom tunes are the best. Only way to optimize a custom tune is on a dyno. Off the shelf tunes and agressive mods pop pistons.
#2975 - 05/12/09 03:04 PM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
Dude, ive told you many times now....ZZP dyno is the best tune you can get, because Matt with the TTGT is doing the tuning, and he knows whats up, nothing will go wrong with your car, when they dyno they do a 55 to 90 run, so no chance are you going to pop a piston, and the tuning they are going to give you, is the best tune your car will EVER get, see you in a few hours bud!

For those who didnt know, Tim is on his way to my house to crash for the night, going to zzp tomorrow for the dyno, i will be recording!
#2976 - 05/12/09 03:46 PM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
jorgs_7 Offline
Loc: Eagan,MN
Why dont you call ZZP and ask ? lol

By the sounds of what ZZP does, they probably dont tune JUST cars for the tracks, Im sure some though.
#2977 - 05/12/09 04:09 PM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
Tim, whoever told you that is a moron.

Dyno tuning your car is the safest thing you can do for it, next to not modding it at all.

With a custom dyno tune EVERY aspect of your cars usage will be improved, street and strip.

You'll get better gas milage, more power, and no knock, assuming all your supporting mods add up.

The only thing bad about dyno tuning is the price and the fact that if your car wasn't done properly beforehand, it could blow up *on* the dyno. But if that's the case, it would have done the same thing the first time you took it to the track or got on it hard on the street.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#2978 - 05/12/09 04:34 PM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
BoostenGTP Offline
so Zerg when you comeing back this way? Tim has been her more than once now, time for you to come hang with us wink
#2979 - 05/12/09 05:18 PM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
lonezergling Offline
Seeing as my fiance` of 4 years left me in November for the... 9th time for a guy she just met. It will be a while. When I came out I'd stay at her grandparents house.

I'm sure they'd have no problem letting me stay there, seeing as I'm still part of their family whether she's with me or not but it would be hard on me.

I'll try to make it out there sometime though. Heck, if I get some dough, I'll come stay with you while ZZP puts a shiney new transmission in my car wink

"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#2980 - 05/12/09 05:38 PM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
BoostenGTP Offline
Your welcome to stay at my place anytime dude, anyone is welcome smile just let me know and we can set something up.
#2981 - 05/12/09 06:00 PM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
Quote:
Originally posted by lonezergling:
Seeing as my fiance` of 4 years left me in November for the... 9th time for a guy she just met. It will be a while. When I came out I'd stay at her grandparents house.
sorry for the off topic, but good lord, I hope you've finally learned your lesson...
#2982 - 05/12/09 06:15 PM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
lonezergling Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Zalfrin:
Quote:
Originally posted by lonezergling:
[b] Seeing as my fiance` of 4 years left me in November for the... 9th time for a guy she just met. It will be a while. When I came out I'd stay at her grandparents house.
sorry for the off topic, but good lord, I hope you've finally learned your lesson... [/b]
I'm slowly working on it. If I can stop being so chicken **** around attractive women, I might actually be able to land a girlfriend.

I just really don't know what I have to offer a woman yet. I would consider myself "not unattractive" but I don't know what more to go off of y'know? The guys say that I've got a great personality but I gotta figure out how to use that to woo the ladies.

The inner man is a nice guy but the outter nerd needs to find his mojo to get close enough for a woman to see. Woe is me!

Back on subject, kinda;

Thursday I'm ordering about $300 in parts for the car. Getting the HID harness to fix the flicker, repairing the SSIC with a new core and heat exchanger, and if ZZP has an option that suits the budget, a new MAF sensor.

#2983 - 05/12/09 06:31 PM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Who is the idiot that told you that? You should never ask him for advice again.
#2984 - 05/12/09 06:32 PM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
BoostenGTP Offline
That would be Robert from got3800, Justyourshadow.
#2985 - 05/12/09 06:39 PM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Noted. I thought he was knowlegeable, apparently he is just another nutswinging idiot.
#2986 - 05/12/09 11:17 PM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
ya, he said "Please dont run it on the street with there dyno tune on it. do you want the list of people who have popped a piston after haveing there car dyno tuned by ZZP? A dyno tune and a street tune are two totally different tunes."

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#2987 - 05/13/09 08:09 AM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
It is possible to get it to run great on the dyno and crappy on the street, but dyno tune isn't mutually exclusive from street tune. You can use the dyno tune results as a base since your WOT should be locked in, then you just need to play with non-WOT a little bit (AE and PE, mostly).