Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3018 - 05/14/09 03:37 PM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
well andrew your 4.5 hrs from me. i wanted to come down there a couple weeks ago and u couldnt help me out.

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#3019 - 05/15/09 01:22 AM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
Just Yourshadow Offline
Loc: Fox River Grove, IL
Tim, glad to see you skewed the truth once again. Most* dyno tuning is tuning a car to run impressive numbers inside a room. You can get your track tunes but for Tim, let's all face it, he might go to the track maybe once or twice in his cars life it doesn't make sense for him to take this route. Yes it can pin down the O2s and other WOT specs but a few runs on the road can do the same thing. I live in the chicagoland area and I still am able to do the runs within certain areas so it can't be that its places to scan causeing an issue. Did any of you know Tim had a fueling issue before going to get his car dyno tuned? Tuning a car that isn't running right on the street or the dyno isn't going to get you far. All i said was to watch how lean they tune the car and Timmy here got stubborn like he always does (I think both him and Karl are related) and we both started to beat a dead horse. I'm not always right but I'm sure as hell not an idiot

John : So, what's the plan?

Robert : The Plan? There is no plan. I figure the less we know the less we can immediately **** up.

Matt : Oh so true
#3020 - 05/15/09 02:33 AM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
The only difference between the dyno and the road is that fact that you aren't going to get pegged with a ticket for winding out the gears on the dyno.

I agree with most of what you are saying and yes, there is a bigger issue at hand here.

I'll be up at Tim's tomorrow afternoon to see what I can do for him. Only going to have about 4 hours before he needs to leave for work.

I severly doubt that this is tuning related. In fact, I'd put money on it being mechnical somewhere in the line, most likely electrical or fueling related.

Props for manning up and come to defend yourself though. wink

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#3021 - 05/15/09 02:51 AM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
ChrisGT Offline
Loc: Cranston, RI
Quote:
Originally posted by lonezergling:
The only difference between the dyno and the road is that fact that you aren't going to get pegged with a ticket for winding out the gears on the dyno.

I agree with most of what you are saying and yes, there is a bigger issue at hand here.

I'll be up at Tim's tomorrow afternoon to see what I can do for him. Only going to have about 4 hours before he needs to leave for work.

I severly doubt that this is tuning related. In fact, I'd put money on it being mechnical somewhere in the line, most likely electrical or fueling related.

Props for manning up and come to defend yourself though. wink
X2

04 GTO M6 | HE SS Clutch | Kooks LT's | SLP LM2 | K&N
Soon: APS TT kit wink

SOLD \/
01 GT | STr5 cam | PT-67 | 18-22psi

#3022 - 05/15/09 07:32 AM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
lol robert i posted EVERYTHING from the facebook status that you posted. I deleted that status now because i didnt wanna see the arguments on my page anymore. So, dont go telling me that I skewed the truth. I told everyone what you said.

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#3023 - 05/15/09 10:31 AM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
I didn't know there was a fuel issue prior to him going to dyno tune it?
#3024 - 05/15/09 11:45 AM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
20gtp02 Offline
That's my killing 6.5* or with fuel filter, Tims car.

#3025 - 05/15/09 11:43 PM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
Just Yourshadow Offline
Loc: Fox River Grove, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
I didn't know there was a fuel issue prior to him going to dyno tune it?
Tim, not mentioning kinda important issues is skewing the truth.

When he said that he wasn't getting much out of the injectors and it helped a little by changeing the fuel filter it almost directly leads me to believe it's a mechanical issue with pressure

John : So, what's the plan?

Robert : The Plan? There is no plan. I figure the less we know the less we can immediately **** up.

Matt : Oh so true
#3026 - 05/15/09 11:47 PM Re: ZZP Dyno Tune: Good or bad
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
i told you i woulda helped you but i was booked that weekend
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4