Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#30445 - 06/21/02 01:40 PM water leak
eman Offline
Loc: Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Every time a hard rain fall occurs, the right front floor area of my 4dr 98 GP is soaked in water. I've had a Leak Pro tech inspect the windshield sealing and I checked the a/c drain tube for blockage and both dont understand where this water is coming in from. any suggestion will be greatly appreciated confused confused confused kingtut
#30446 - 06/22/02 11:31 AM Re: water leak
Neo GTP Offline
Loc: Niagara Falls
Sorry guys didn't find your post... but here's what I found...I woke up today to find an inch of water on my pasenger floor. I checked the seal on the sunroof and found it was letting a little water in so I called the gm dealer and tried to order one. No luck.. had to get the glass and seal as one unit $571 Can about $75 US lol anyway after doing some research I found a diagram with the drain tubes. And it was blocked. Very easy to clen just drop your visors and grab handle, pull the windshield pillars off (carefully) and drop the roof lining down.( oh ya take off the moulding around the sunroof) then just pull off the tube and blow. I put some warm salt water in my mouth and blew it threw, and yes it did taste worse than the tube itself. After that just put the roof lining back together and away ya go. Hope this helps. and as far as the plugged tube being the only cause not true if the seal is not tight it will let too much water in for the drain to handle. Check with your gm dealer there is a product that makes seals and weatherstrips swell. That is probablly your best bet.