Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#31173 - 05/03/02 04:07 PM Rockers....?????
Chrissy from MA Offline
Loc: Kingston, MA
anyone install rockers in there SE/GT?? Any help would be appreciated. Im considering buying them but want to know what Im getting into before hand.....Thanks devilsmile

Mods: Thrasher CAI w/ Relocated IAT Sensor, STB's, 180-Tstat, RT High flow CAT, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, DHP PCM, MSD Coils,GM Tranny Cooler, Painted calipers w/ Grandprix decals,MSD Coils,PIAA superwhite headlights and Superwhite fogs,clear corners, and a whole lotta bass....
#31174 - 05/07/02 09:18 AM Re: Rockers....?????
Chrissy from MA Offline
Loc: Kingston, MA
I'll assume either nobody has rockers, or they dont know how to install them.....or both

Mods: Thrasher CAI w/ Relocated IAT Sensor, STB's, 180-Tstat, RT High flow CAT, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, DHP PCM, MSD Coils,GM Tranny Cooler, Painted calipers w/ Grandprix decals,MSD Coils,PIAA superwhite headlights and Superwhite fogs,clear corners, and a whole lotta bass....
#31175 - 05/07/02 10:18 AM Re: Rockers....?????
Mike Levy Offline
Loc: Flushing, New York
Go to the other site at www.clubgp.com. I'm sure somebody has installed them on a normal 3.8.
#31176 - 05/07/02 12:33 PM Re: Rockers....?????
Chew Offline
Loc: Washington, DC
Well I do have them installed on my GT. My boy, Brian Robak did the install - since I was way too chicken to try it by myself.

From watching him do it, it was not that difficult. Time consuming? Yes. 3 hours total.

Pretty much most of the time is spent removing everything off of the car but I would say the actual rocker install only took about an hour (maybe less).

Some of the major points that needed to be removed - dog bones on front, alternator and then valve covers - the rears was where the install slowed the most.

Having an inch/pound torque wrench would be the most accurate - but using a foot/pound one and good judgement should be okay as well.

Good luck smile

Chew

2007 Sly Silver Pontiac Solstice GXP